6 Crystals All College Students Need

6 Crystals All College Students Need

When there is nothing else to alleviate the stresses and anxieties of higher education.

152
6 Crystals All College Students Need
Conscious Lifestyle Magazine

As college students we undergo a boatload of stress, anxiety, and sleepless nights. Many of us turn to various remedies that we have deemed adequate to alleviate these stresses and anxieties. For me, I find my remedies in healing crystals. Now, I understand that most people would mock or dismiss using a handful of rocks to solve all of your problems. And some people would question the sanity of someone who believes that these said rocks have any healing powers at all. I can understand that. I myself am not even quite sure that these crystals have healing power. I am sure, however, that if you believe that these crystals will solve your problems, they will. The power of suggestion can be everything and more when you are stressed, anxious, or sleepless.

How I look at it, is that the crystals work almost as a placebo to calm or "heal" you of whatever seems to be bothering you. And, in my experience, it has always seemed to work. I have composed a list of six crystals that I think would benefit most college students during the intense, emotional school year.

1. Amethyst

Purpose: Amethyst is powerful in protecting the mind from negative thinking that so often happens during your college years. Its so easy to fall into a daze of negative thoughts when you are ties of up in a handful of exams and a few essays. It also works to alleviate stress related to work, by emanating prosperity and success. To increase our work effectiveness in college, it can also be used to facilitate cognition and communication

2. Aquamarine

Purpose: College students often get caught up in their everyday routine of going to class, doing homework, going to club meetings, and rarely finding time to themselves. Aquamarine helps to liven up sluggish behaviors. By encouraging personal time to enjoy life and appreciate the wonders of the world. It is also powerful in encouraging self-respect and inner peace.

3. Blue Lace Agate

Purpose: Blue Lace Agate works to calm and sooth emotions by reflecting images of peace and serenity. Peace and serenity are both scarce during your college days, especially during finals week when the only peace and serenity you find is in that cup of coffee you chug down before you 8 A.M. Human Anatomy final. By protecting us from negative emotions, Blue Lace Agate leads us on a path of understanding and learning, away from any and all anxieties.

4. Clear Quartz

Purpose: Like it is described, Clear Quartz is powerful in clearing away negativity and toxins with in the body. It is used to open up the mind to new and enlightened perspectives, clearing any communication or cognition blockages. For college students it can work to suggest new insights when suffering from writers block. It can set you on a new track when you have hit a dead end.

5. Jade

Purpose: Not only can jade be useful in riding the face for wrinkles and tension that can become early onset in anxious college students, it can also be used to inspire you to push past any limitations and give you the wisdoms you need in order to succeed. Jade can also help to bring you prosperity in you life. At our age, it is easy to see any obstacle and quit, but Jade can encourage you to push past those self-imposed limitations and prosper in your successes.

6. Pyrite

Purpose: Typical adjectives used to describe college students are "poor" and "broke." Pyrite however channels money and abundance which can be beneficial to those student who are having to beg their friends to meal them in the dining halls. Pyrite also helps to focus your confidence and encourages the belief that "you can and you will." Sometimes a little help in making dreams reality is what college students need in order to succeed.