6 Crutial Things to Keep in Mind When Camping

“Take vacations. Go as many places as you can. You can always make money. You can’t always make memories.”

351

So I hear you're going camping. Well lucky you, I am here to spill all the tea and make sure you are 110% prepared for this little adventure. I know I know, more life advises from this semi-adult. Exciting lemme tell you.

Skipping all the boring parts lets just get to the list.

1. Weather

From recent experiences, I truly believe that when planning a camping trip it must be thought ahead early. But not too early to where you plan to arrive in the freezing rain and spend the night under a tarp praying to God that your tent is not soaking wet. It's a lot of stress. More than you probably know. I know. Trust me.

2. Games

We lucked out when we went camping. We planned for the weather to not be in our favor, now although it was raining, we got a large tarp, a picnic table and a bunch of cards. Throw that all together and mix in some bevs, and you can count me in! Although the rain put a damper on a lot of things, nothing will top those memories of the game night all huddled together.

3. True Camping

There are two types of camping. The "not so" camping where you have the cabin or the RV with a bathroom and electricity. Or you can post up on a site with a tent and MAYBE an air mattress and pray for the best. Determine what you think you can handle. Can you handle not having a blowdryer for a weekend? Can you miss this weeks episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians? Where else can you go and wake up to the sound of squirrels getting down and dirty? (Now, that was a rough morning...)

4. Packing

When packing for anything, I never know what to do. When going camping you need to not only plan out what you'll be wearing but also, food, utensils, blankets, a place to sleep, games, chairs, wood for the fire, as well as any extra things you could think of. Pack light but also, pack for those "possible" one off situations you may encounter.

5. Food

Remember. When true camping you have a fire. That you have to make. Most campgrounds have grills! So that's a start. But remember. You have a cooler to store food in, but that's about all you have.

6. People

I think this is the most important thing to keep in mind. The people who you spend this time with. Of course the more the marrier is the saying, but honestly, surround yourself with the group of people for 1) you can stand for longer than two minutes but 2) people who want to also make these memories. If you're with a fun group of people, who cares about the fact that it's downpouring or that maybe it's a little too warm out. These people make life a little more exciting and that's what these weekends are all about.

Sometimes is nice to take a little step away from our cell phones and the crazy lives we all live. Every now and then it's okay to just walk away from life and change up the pace a bit.

Tae a step back and actually breathe in the fresh air. For nature is the only real thing we can always count on to be stable.