A Letter To The Best Friend I Can Never Thank Enough, 200 Miles Away

Even though you're 200 miles away, you'll always bee my person.

669
Morgan Lyle

Dear BFF, Bestie, the Blair to my Serena, the Leslie to my Ann, the future godmother to my children,

Where would I be without you?

I can't thank you enough for putting up with me, checking in with me, taking the time to FaceTime me to ask my opinion about your outfit and trusting me with your most cherished memories.

Now enough of that sappiness. First, I want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry we don't talk more often. I guess this is what having friends and being an adult is like. We both work all day. I call you, but you're working. You call me, but I'm working. It's hard and sometimes feels hopeless — like we will never speak again.

But here's the thing about you. I don't have to talk to you every day because when we do talk, it's like we never stopped. You laugh with me and cry with me. You tell me I'm worthy and beautiful even when I don't feel like I am. You encourage me and push me to be the best person I can be.

You are more than just my best friend. You're my sister. You're proof that time does not denote the strength of a friendship. That even 200 miles away, we can still call each other, both sitting in our cars after work, both crying, and talk until we are laughing again.

Once you graduate high school, having a best friend is hard. Sometimes I feel discouraged because I feel like I've messed up this whole "making friends in college" thing. But I've realized, it's because no one compares to you. You understand me like no one else does.

You also keep me accountable. You tell me when I've done something wrong or when I should have handled something differently. You aren't afraid to share your thoughts and feelings and neither am I because I know our friendship is unconditional.

I can't thank you enough for everything.

You've shown me that soulmates aren't limited to relationships. Friends can be soulmates, too.

Thank you for being my soul-sister.