55 Wholesome Compliments To Give That Aren’t Based On Appearance

55 Wholesome Compliments To Give That Aren’t Based On Appearance

Put a smile on your best friend's face with these compliment ideas!

184
Photo by Lisa Fotios on Pexels

Most of the time, we receive compliments about our appearance. Don't get me wrong, giving compliments about someone's attire and looks can brighten their day. It can put a smile on someone's face and make their day less gloomy. However, there are other compliments that can be given and that can make a bigger impact on a person's life. Receiving compliments about your character or general being tends to mean more than any compliment about a new shirt or makeup look. Personalized compliments are the things that stay with us and are ingrained in our memories.

In fact, receiving compliments that don't involve people's appearance tend to be more memorable and meaningful. One reason for this is because we can change our clothes and outward look. We can get changed into a new shirt or wipe off the current layer of makeup and reapply something new. However, we cannot change who we are without sacrificing the most important aspects of our being, including our happiness. When you compliment someone on their personality, you are bringing attention to the innate aspects of your friends, family and strangers. Personally, I would rather receive compliments about my personality or work ethic instead of something superficial like appearance.

I challenge you to start complimenting people around you on their actions and character. Remind them that they are an amazing person. Tell them how much they are appreciated. Thank them for their hard work, dedication, and kindness. Simply say the things you think about but have never verbalized.

By being honest and genuine with your compliments, you will slowly make a difference in the lives around you. You never know who is struggling. Your best friend could be having trouble at home or with their own mental health. There are some battles that people fight alone with their thoughts. Having your support will help them, regardless of if you know you are helping them or not.

Start out easy by giving a single compliment a day, and increase as needed. These random acts of kindness will make a difference in the lives of those around you and in the world. Do you know why? Because kindness is contagious. One act of genuine kindness takes off like a rocket and spreads like wildfire from there. By being positive and kind, the people around you will begin having better days. More so, your mood will improve due to your changed mindset.

Therefore, change your life today. Here are 55 compliments that you can give to those around you to improve their lives. Start making personalized compliments too! Make them special for those around you because that will mean the most. Good luck!

1. The world needs more people like you in it.

2. You push me to be a better person.

3. The way you carry yourself is truly admirable.

4. You are an exemplary example for those around you.

5. You are such a kind hearted person. Your heart must be 10 times the average size.

6. I always enjoy talking to you. You always make know the right thing to say.

7. Your perspective is so different and unique. Thank you for opening my eyes!

8. You make me see the world in a new light.

9. I love how you always stay true to yourself.

10. You're the strongest person I know.

11. Your smile is infectious.

12. The world would be worse off without your positive energy and passion.

13. I'm so proud of you.

14. When you set you mind to something, nothing stands in your way. It's amazing.

15. Your parents must be so extremely proud of you.

16. You are an inspiration.

17. It amazes me how you never give up.

18. You're so dependable. I always know I can count on you.

19. You are so real. I have never seen someone be so undoubtedly themselves.

20. You are so talented at ________. Anyone can tell how much work and effort you put into it. You should be so proud of yourself.

21. You've made such progress since you've started. You astound me!

22. Thank you for being in my life. I don't know what I would do without you.

23. You just light up the room.

24. You are great with words.

25. You always know how to make me laugh, even when I feel like crying. Thank you.

26. You're a breath of fresh air in this stuffy world.

27. Do you know how much we appreciate everything you do because our lives would be 100 times worse off without you?

28. Thank you for always listening to me.

29. You are so generous. You always think about others before yourself.

30. You work so hard on everything you do. Trust me, it is being noticed!

31. How do you always have a positive attitude? It's refreshing.

32. I've never seen someone as dedicated as you.

33. I know I can always trust you to be honest.

34. You are the best ______ anyone could ask for.

35. You make others feel heard.

36. You are one of a kind.

37. Your presence brightens the room.

38. I've never met anyone like you, and that's a good thing. You are nothing less than special.

39. You always bring a unique perspective to the conversation.

40. You are so strong.

41. You're more helpful than you realize.

42. You are making a difference.

43. I always love hanging out with you. All my troubles seem to melt away.

44. I've never met someone as genuine as you.

45. I'm so impressed by you and your drive.

46. Has anyone ever told you how amazing you are? Because you deserve to be told a million times over.

47. You have a good head on your shoulders.

48. I admire your dedication to ________.

49. You give the best advice.

50. I could talk to you forever.

51. I'm so happy you exist and are in my life.

52. I'm glad our paths crossed.

53. I trust you wholeheartedly.

54. I enjoy your company.

55. I appreciate you (and everything you do).