50 Thoughts I Have From Freshman Year At Lycoming

Drink some coffee and pretend you know what you're doing.

26
cloudfront.net

You're supposed to learn a lot in college, especially the things you need to know for your future career. But probably you're most important life lessons and lessons for the your future education are also made here, and a ton of thoughts that run through your mind on a daily basis.

1. You literally have to study.

2. Which means buy the textbook and read the whole thing.

3. You have extreme powers if you can do portion control with your food.

4. You really don't go to the gym as much as you thought you would.

5. Really, you just walk everywhere you go.

6. Money gets spent. There's no willpower with it.

7. There's no such thing as a sleep schedule.

8. Hating group projects happens almost the second you're assigned to one.

9. Final projects are just as bad as final exams.

10. Questioning your choice of major everyday is normal. (at least I hope so)

11. It's normal to email your professors with every question you have. They're here to help.

12. You actually do meet lifelong friends here.

13. The awkward phase of living with a complete stranger goes away quicker than you think.

14. There's literally nothing you can do about the kids screaming down the hall at 3 a.m.

15. College homework is nothing like high school homework.

16. So you should probably get used to having 40 pages of reading....per class.

17. aka.... HIGH SCHOOL DID NOT PREPARE YOU FOR THIS.

18. Please don't be that person that leaves your laundry in the machines all day.

19. Because I hate being the person who takes it out and puts it on top of the machines.

20. Midnight McDonald's runs will save your life.

21. You're going to write more to-do lists than the amount of times you write your name.

22. Again, get used to the amount of readings.

23. It's okay to be that person that sits in their dorm all day.

24. But it's also good to get outside once in a while.

25. Think of creative (and cheap) things to do with friends on the weekends.

26. Get at least three people's numbers from each class.

27. I was that person to text everyone with questions about homework.

28. The library is a good place.

29. Getting sick at school is probably the worst thing ever, call your mom.

30. You'll actually realize you call your mom at least nine times a week.

31. Don't trust the temperature of your dorm to judge what it's like outside.

32. (Check the weather)

33. Invest in a fan or fans. They don't turn the heat off till May.

34. Save any leftovers you get.

35. The cafeteria food gets old REAL QUICK.

36. Try as hard as you can to get ahead. So, take syllabus week seriously.

37. Keurigs are probably the best thing to have for your room.

38. Your first party is going to be extremely awkward... Take a buddy.

39. Quizlets are the greatest things you can find on the internet.

40. Take advantage of all the student events going on around campus.

41. Seeing a dog will instantly turn your day into a ten. Go pet it.

42. Naps. Are. Life.

43. You also figure out how quickly you go through seasons on Netflix. It's scary.

44. Call mom. Again.

45. Didn't drink coffee before college? You do now.

46. You go back to have multiple games on your phone.

47. Have a separate folder/notebook for each class. High school is the only place where one was okay for everything.

48. Take a ton of pictures with all your friends.

49. Packing at the end of the year is stressful.

50. Once you're home for the summer, you're going to miss everyone from school almost immediately.