50 Thoughts From The First Week Of College

College may be the best four years of your life, but you will have to struggle through the worst week to get there.

45

The transition into college is hard. Everyone who's been through it knows that you have to experience it, head on, to know what that truly means. There are so many thoughts that go through our scrambled minds in just the first week, that we all are questioning whether we'll make it through. But we all did and you will too. Just hang in there, friend. But when that first week comes, these thoughts might pass by, so be ready!

1. I miss the comfort of my bed.

2. I miss my parents telling me I can’t leave the house until my homework is done… because honestly, that’s the only thing that got it done.

3. I want to call my best friends, but I don’t want to bother them with their new life in college.

4. No one here will ever fill my best friends from home.

5. I don’t want to depress my new friends with all the struggles and scare them off.

6. HOW DOES EVERYONE HAVE BEST FRIENDS ALREADY?

7. How do all the girls here manage to eat healthy, not snack, go to the gym and get all their homework done in time to watch The Bachelor at 8pm?

8. How does everyone have such perfect notes and I just can’t get my pen to work this morning??

9. Maybe if I get skim milk in my latte, I'll become like those skinny girls around campus and be cool?? No... no… this is just gross.

10. Wait, we were supposed to read the first 4 chapters last night??

11. How is every cute guy I lay eyes on in a relationship???

12. Do I really have to make my bed EVERY SINGLE MORNING?

13. How does everyone look so good at 8am and I look like this?

14. One-episode won’t hurt…*checks time* SHOOT IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!

15. *Tries to find music to study to*-spends an hour looking, when I could’ve been studying.

16. Everyone seems to have everything together… except me.

17. What friend from home have I not called already?

18. Maybe I should call my grandparents now???

19. WORK STUPID PRINTER, WORK!

20. Did I already wear this to class yet this week?

21. Why am I hungry at 3 in the afternoon?

22. Wow I need to stop eating, my stomach is so confused that it's just always hungry.

23. Why did I put pictures of my family, friends, and my dog on my wall? It just makes me miss them more.

24. Sometimes I love it here, sometimes I just want to get off campus.

25. I wish my parents would just mail me my dog.

26. I can only eat salad for lunch and dinner so many times before I'm going to become a salad.

27. French fries were once a vegetable, right???

28. I think the coffee machine knows when my classes are so it can purposefully run out before my 8am class.

29. I don’t need coffee, I should just sleep more!

30. *11pm* JK you can’t sleep, you still have those 8 chapters to read LOL :/

31. Sees dog on campus *RUNS OVER, drops backpack, and starts rolling in the grass with it like an idiot*

32. *Tries to do homework* *Has every other thought in the whole universe other than that class*

33. Is it bad that this campus has already gotten small in a week?

34. Oh, color-coordinated notes are helpful? That’s good, first, let me just go learn how to take notes...

35. *Reads every way to take notes online wasting the time not taking the notes*

36. People are going to think I'm a freak if I don't stop crying.

37. Maybe if I snap chat pictures of my beautiful campus, Instagram pictures of me with my one friend, and Facebook pictures of my dorm room, I'll look like I have it all together!

38. Shoot, do I already have a little muffin top? I'll just eat more chocolate to make me feel better...

39. I only had one cookie…. Ok I had five but they’re bite size (bite size and biteable are the same things, right??)

40. When your roommate suggests you get the big pound bag of goldfish from Costco, you realize you have a problem.

41. This reading doesn't make sense, I give up. I might as well drop out.

42. I must be a pain to live with...

43. How does everyone have cute pictures in their hall? No one in my hall even talks…

44. Oh, there go my tears again in the dining hall, classroom, and basically wherever people I don’t know are…

45. How loud can I sing without my suitemates/people next door hearing me?

46. Where do I study and do my work that's not too quiet, not too loud, but not too far???

47. I miss my dog greeting me at the door.

48. Realizes that you’re taking 4-5 AP classes. WHAT?!?

49. People said college is the best four years of my life. No one told me the first week in college would be the worst week of my life.

50. All the upperclassman are saying "it gets better!"... let's hope.