50 Songs That Will Bring You Back To Middle School

Before the college parties, homecoming dances, and proms, there were the awkward middle school dances.

312
Megan Cheung

Before the college parties, homecoming dances, and proms, there were the awkward middle school dances. Who could ever forget the music that went along with possibly the most cringe-worthy phases of our lives. Whether you danced along to these songs in a school gym packed with sweaty preteens fearing their first slow dances, or listened to them on your MP3 player/iPod Nano-- downloaded straight from limewire, of course-- these early 2000’s hits won’t fail to bring you back to the golden age of pre-pubescent middle school.

1. “I Gotta A Feeling” -The Black Eyed Peas
  2. “Find Your Love” -Drake
  3. “Year 3000” -The Jonas Brothers
    [Okay this one is still good]
  4. “American Boy” -Estelle
  5. “You’re a Jerk” -New Boyz
    [And of course the iconic “jerk dance" to go along with it]
  6. "Miss Independent" -Ne-Yo
  7. “Burnin’ Up” -The Jonas Brothers
  8. “You Belong with Me” -Taylor Swift
  9. “Tik Tok” -Ke$ha
  10. “Sk8er Boi” - Avril Lavigne
  11. “Girlfriend” -Avril Lavigne
  12. “Only Girl (In the World)" -Rihanna
  13. “See you again” -Miley Cyrus
  14. “Just a Dream” -Nelly
  15. “In the Ayer” -Flo Rida ft. Will.I.Am and Fergie
  16. “Like a G6” -Far East Movement
  17. “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” -Usher
  18. “Hot n’ Cold” -Katy Perry
  19. “Ridin’ Solo” -Jason Derulo
  20. “Eenie Meenie” -Justin Bieber ft. Sean Kingston
  21. “Whip My Hair” -Willow Smith
  22. “Magic” -B.o.B.
  23. “Stereo Hearts” -Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine
  24. “Airplanes” -BoB ft. Hayley Williams
  25. “Fire Burnin’ ” -Sean Kingston
  26. “21 Guns” -Green Day
  27. “I’m on a Boat” -The Lonely Island ft. T-Pain
  28. “O.M.G.” -Usher
  29. “Forever” -Chris Brown
  30. “Disturbia” -Rihanna
  31. “Circus" -Britney Spears
  32. “I’m Blue” -Eiffel 65
  33. “In Da Club” -50 Cent
  34. “Party in the USA” -Miley Cyrus
  35. “Boom Boom Pow” -The Black Eyed Peas
  36. “Fireflies” -Owl City
  37. “Watcha Say" -Jason Derulo
  38. “4 Minutes” -Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland
  39. “Poker Face” - Lady Gaga
  40. “Right Now (na na na)” -Akron
  41. “Womanizer” -Britney Spears
  42. “Viva La Vida” -Coldplay
  43. “When I Grow Up” -The Pussycat Dolls
  44. “Raise Your Glass” -Pink
  45. “7 Things” -Miley Cyrus
  46. “Beautiful Soul” -Jesse McCartney
  47. “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” -Soulja Boy
  48. “Like A G6” -Far East Movement ft. The Cataracs and DEV
  49. “One Step At A Time” -Jordin Sparks
    And of course who could forget the song that completes the list of pop hits from the first decade of the 2000s,
  50. “Baby” - Justin Bieber

Now, we may not have known the actual meanings of half these songs at the time, and we might even be horrified at the thought of our twelve and thirteen year-old selves dancing and singing along to them back then-- but these songs will never fail to remind us to party like it’s 2007.