50 'Throwback' Songs for Millenials

50 'Throwback' Songs for Millenials

What would we do without music?

41
50 'Throwback' Songs for Millenials
Google

Music is a huge part of our lives and our society. There are so many different genres and types of music that people listen to. From old school rap to R&B soul, we have grown up listening to music and it has been quite a rollercoaster. We've had a lot of great songs and some... well... not so great. During our middle school years in the mid 2000's, we all had iPod's or maybe even CD players and we enjoyed a variety of great songs and artists. Here is a list of 50 throwback songs from the last decade or so to bring back some great memories of nostalgia.

1. I Gotta Feeling—The Black Eyed Peas (2009)

2. Single Ladies—Beyoncé (2008)

3. Paper Planes—M.I.A (2007)

4. I'm Yours—Jason Mraz (2008)

5. Empire State of Mind—Jay Z ft. Alicia Keys (2009)

6. Boulevard of Broken Dreams—Green Day (2004)

7. Year 3000—Jonas Brothers (2002)

8. Swing—Savage (2005)

9. Poker Face—Lady Gaga (2008)

10. Womanizer—Britney Spears (2008)

11. Live Your Life—T.I ft. Rihanna (2008)

12. Written in the Stars—Tinie Tempah ft. Eric Turner (2010)

13. Alone Together—Fall Out Boy (2013)

14. How to Love—Lil Wayne (2011)

15. Bottoms Up—Trey Songz ft. Nicki Minaj (2010)

16. Trumpets—Jason Derulo (2013)

17. 23—Mike Will Made-It ft. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Kalifa & Juicy J (2013)

18. Love Drunk—Boys Like Girls (2009)

19. Demons—Imagine Dragons (2012)

20. The A Team—Ed Sheehan (2011)

21. Hey There Delilah—Plain White T's (2005)

22. The Sweet Escape—Gwen Stefani ft. Akon (2006)

23. Pumped Up Kicks—Foster the People (2011)

24. Welcome to My Life—Simple Plan (2005)

25. We Are Young—Fun. (2012)

26. Hot n Cold—Katy Perry (2008)

27. Sexy Back—Justin Timberlake (2006)

28. Our Song—Taylor Swift (2006)

29. Hall of Fame—The Script (2012)

30. Wanted—Hunter Hayes (2011)

31. The Fighter—Gym Class Heros ft. Ryan Tedder (2012)

32. Low—Flo Rida (2008)

33. Don't You Worry Child—Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin (2012)

34. Me and My Broken Heart—Rixton (2014)

35. Best Love Song—T-Pain ft. Chris Brown (2011)

36. Coming Home—Diddy-Dirty Money ft. Skylar Grey (2010)

37. Best I Ever Had—Gavin DeGraw (2013)

38. Better With The Lights Off—New Boyz ft. Chris Brown (2011)

39. Bedrock—Young Money (2009)

40. Raise Your Glass—P!nk (2010)

41. Payphone—Maroon 5 (2013)

42. As Long As You Love Me—Justin Bieber (2012)

43. Forever—Chris Brown (2007)

44. Don't Trust ME—3OH!3 (2008)

45. Solo—IYAZ (2010)

46. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)—Kelly Clarkson (2011)

47. Love Me Again—John Newman (2013)

48. Hey Soul Sister—Train (2009)

49. Locked Out of Heaven—Bruno Mars (2012)

50. All of Me—John Legend (2014)

All in all, these were and still are some pretty great songs. They bring us back to our embarrassing middle school days. We all remember playing these songs on repeat and trying to learn the lyrics to impress our friends. We haven't heard form some of these artist in years. But it's time for them to come back and make some more great songs. Until then, I guess we'll just have to listen to 'Closer' being played on the radio every half hour.