The 5 Worst Guys You'll Meet At IU

The 5 Worst Guys You'll Meet At IU

I think I’ve met every type of guy IU has to offer, and by senior year, you probably will too.

1381
The 5 Worst Guys You'll Meet At IU
College Weekly / Instagram

With a campus of 40,000 students, you're bound to meet a wide variety of people. After four years here I’ve met some great people, but along with that, I’ve met some.. undesirables. I think I’ve met every type of guy IU has to offer, and by senior year, you probably will too. These are the five worst types of guys you should watch out for once you step on campus.

1. The Kelley School of Business Guy

Don’t get me wrong, there are a ton of great, really hot guys in Kelley. But then there are the guys who stand out from the rest. You can spot him a mile away in his “I-core survivor” T-shirt. This dude’s whole personality is defined by his major. Brad thinks his marketing degree is all he needs to woo any girl. What that means is- he has nothing else to offer you. If a guy introduces himself just by saying, “I’m in Kelley,” run.

2. The Athlete

He’s the easiest to spot because he'll be decked out head to toe in a bright red sweatsuit. People treat these guys like gods, and it’s gone to their heads. He asks you to sign him in to class every day because he doesn’t need to go, he’s going pro! Is that true? Probably not. He won’t contact you for days because he’s “busy with practice” but he’ll definitely text you at 3 a.m. on Saturday!

3. "What house are you in?" Guy

He’s probably from the city, but not really the city, more like a suburb an hour away. He’s a cool guy because he’s in a cool fraternity. When you meet him, his first question is always “what house are you in?” If your answer isn’t up to his standards he'll walk away and start hitting on your best friend.

4. Down Home Indiana Boy

Since you go to school in Indiana, this is the guy you’ll cross paths with most often. He’s probably from Indy. Indiana boys are some the nicer guys you’ll cross paths with. Their midwestern values are strong. They might even ask you to a Colts or Pacers game! What you need to watch out for with these guys is that you’ll never compare to their high school friends. He probably came to college with a squad 15 people deep and they’ll always come before you.

5. Hippie Guy

Bloomington is a very unique city, and it’s home to an eclectic group of people. They are passionate about recycling, organic food and they bike or walk everywhere they go. This is all fine and dandy, I totally support that they’re trying to make the world a better place. As much as I wish I could do the same, it’s just not in my nature. So when hippie boy finds out you don’t compost your own trash, he’ll judge you harder than you’ve ever been judged.