5 Ways To Deal With Anxiety

5 Ways To Deal With Anxiety

We all feel it at some point, might as well learn how to cope with it.

17
5 Ways To Deal With Anxiety

Dealing with Anxiety is tough, but possible if you have the right tools. Here are 5 of my favorites to help you through your anxious moments.

1. Coloring

dodmzloxz80g8.cloudfront.net

It seems childish, but that's exactly the point! Use bright colors to give off a happy vibe and focus on staying in the lines. Soon enough you will notice the anxiety drift away as you embrace this childhood activity.

2. Listening To Music

www.unh.edu

Listening to music is something that most people do every day, but sometimes in the midst of an anxious rush we forget how helpful it can be. Whether it's peaceful melodies or lyrics that perfectly describe how you feel, music can help you feel more relaxed.

3. Talking To Someone

lh3.googleusercontent.com

Today we often hear about how we should talk about our feelings and be accepting of others' feelings. It can seem annoying or irrelevant when you hear it so much, but it truly can be helpful. Expressing your anxiety, sometimes without feedback, puts it out there and takes some of the pressure off of you as an individual.

4. Exercise

aaptiv.com

I know... I know... the last thing you want to do when you're stressed out is go to a gym full of overly fit guys making grunting noises, but getting active helps relieve anxiety. It doesn't have to be intense or sweaty, but moving will help you relax and get your mind off whatever is causing you stress. Take a walk or go for a bike ride instead of going to the gym.

5. Cry It Out

images.unsplash.com

Sometimes, you can't do anything to stop negative feelings from arising. They are a natural part of life and when you're dealing with them consistently, it can get pretty hard to keep distracting yourself and pushing them off. Every now and then, it's okay to feel what you need to feel and let it out. You will feel much better after.