5 Ways To Care For Yourself When You’re Sick

No one likes to be sick and having to care for yourself without your mom's help, but here are some ways how anyway!

92
Intel

I hate being sick! I hate it so, so much and I know you do too. It sucks even worse if you’re sick and you’re living alone because you don’t have your mother by your side bringing you food, drinks, and medicines while taking your temperature once every hour.

When you’re on your own, and you’re just now starting to live and thrive by yourself, sometimes you need tips and tricks on taking care of yourself without your parents.

Here are five ways to care for yourself when you’re sick.

1. Make homemade soups.

Soup is an amazing way to help relieve one’s sickness, as it is warm and filled with vitamins and nutrients that a person’s body needs in order to fight bacteria and dangerous pathogens.

For sore throats, hot soup can help relieve the strain or dryness of the throat as well as relax one’s stomach. A diet mixed with some homemade soup and some nice, warm tea will help fight away your sicknesses.

2. Keep warm!

It is true that you can sweat out a cold and a fever! Yes, your mother was always right. When you’re sick, be sure to snuggle up in your bed with tons of blankets and comforters covering you, as well as some warm socks on your feet.

Even if it becomes uncomfortable sweating out your sickness, it is definitely very necessary for the steps to getting healthier and back on your feet.

3. Drink tons of fluids.

Drinking consistent glasses of water throughout the whole day can help a person overcome their sickness much quicker than those who do not.

Water helps filter the body and the waste that can accumulate within it during a person’s time being sick. Plus, staying hydrated really helps destroy bacteria and make a person feel just like new.

4. Actually make a doctor’s appointment.

I know, it seems insane and something that no one but a mother could do. But you have to make a doctor’s appointment when you are sick.

Going to the doctor can help for someone to understand what they are sick from, and the doctor can even give great tips on medications to help alleviate the sickness quicker.

5. Allow time for maximum rest.

Don’t be afraid to take a day off of work or school to spend the day resting up in bed. Rest and sleep can help fight sicknesses too because the body can spend its energy on fighting bacteria while you are asleep, rather than functioning otherwise when you are awake.

So try out some of these ways of caring for your sick self during your next time feeling ill and just down in the dumps. You don’t have to bum it in your bed for the entire time you're sick while daydreaming that your mother would take care of you and you’d be in good condition.

Take charge for yourself, and make sure you can heal yourself similarly to how your mom would. But, of course, give her a call and say you’re sick because she might bring you something anyways.