5 Ways To Get Rid Of Toxic Friends

5 Ways To Get Rid Of Toxic Friends In 2019

"You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them… but still move on without them."
Mandy Hale

268

With the new year approaching, it's always the best time to donate old clothes you don't wear anymore, trying to stop bad habits, and getting rid of toxic friends in your life.

Is there someone in your life who's manipulative? You know, the friend who guilt trips you into doing something you don't want to do. Maybe there's someone in your life who's verbally, emotionally, or mentally abusive? Someone who you don't quite enjoy hanging around but still continue to do so for whatever reason you can't really explain? Well, this upcoming new year is the best time to let that negativity go.

It shouldn't take a new year to initiate that change, but sometimes it's the push we need.

I get it, it's easier said than done but think about how amazing it would feel to no longer have that toxic individual in your life. Life's way too short to be spending it with people who aren't worth our time. A new year constitute growth and change, how are you ever going to develop into the best version of yourself if you continue to swarm yourself with this negative influence in your life? Here are a few things you could do to cut ties peacefully with your toxic friends.

1. Stop Accepting Invitations To Hangout 

Karen x Mean Girls

The first step to ending a toxic friendship is to stop accepting invitations to hang out with them. No more guilty trips into a long night out or something you don't want to do. You need to understand it's okay to say no to something you don't want to do and you don't owe anyone anything.

2. Make New Friends 

Jess x New Girl

Who needs toxic friends in your life when you could have someone who shares the same interests, ambitions, and positivity as you?

3. Delete Them Off Social Media

Nobody wants to keep tabs on an individual who brings others down, bye!

4. Try New Experiences Alone 

Sometimes that toxic friend in your life could be a very close friend of yours. It's going to be hard, but you'll thank yourself later for it. Nobody loves you more than you so go out and try new things alone. Take yourself out on dates, buy yourself nice things, and surround yourself with love and good energy.

5. Be Honest 

Just be honest. Let them know how you're feeling and why this decision to remove yourself from this friendship is for the sake of your well-being, not theirs. Your happiness should always be your number one priority.