5 Simple Ways T Have A Productive Morning

A healthy morning routine

125

I want to make one thing clear: I am not a morning person. I have a deep rooted hatred for my alarm clock and attempting to get out of my favorite place (my bed). However, this summer I'm trying to become an early bird because I've realized summer is only so long and I want to soak up every moment of it.

1. Make your bed.

I always make my bed after I eventually convince myself that it's a good idea to get out of bed. I like to do this simply because I can physically see something done to fruition and it keeps my room looking neater too.

2. Have lemon water.

I recently started doing this instead of pouring myself a huge cup of coffee. Although the tartness can be a little difficult to swallow first thing in the morning, it has amazing health benefits. As WellnessMama.com says: "drinking lemon water first thing in the morning gives the body a chance to absorb these vitamins effectively and can provide a little immune boost." It also acts as a mini detox and aids digestion.

3. Self reflection.

This sounds a little cheesy and it is to an extent, but it practices positive thinking and organization. I do this 'self-reflection' this in several ways. Usually I look at my calendars and see what I have planned for the day. Then I either meditate or even pray for 5 minutes. Even if your not religious, I recommend it because bringing your inner self to the present moment, which is a vital practice in today's busy society.

4. Workout.

I love to workout in the morning because, like making my bed, it's a job that you can get done and there's something so satisfying about that. Moreover, working out in the morning also helps you focus and oddly gives you energy because it releases endorphins.

5. Eat a healthy breakfast.

In the morning I like to have some fruit, protein, and a complex carb so I can stay full and start the day off on the right foot nutritionally.

My favorite part of this routine is that it covers physical, mental/emotional, and even spiritual health. Although self care and love can sometimes seem narcissistic or a waste of time, it really isn't because it helps you flourish into a a healthy productive person in society who might not have been without it.