5 Ways To Cope With Stress

5 Ways To Cope With Stress

Try them out! Maybe you'll find that a couple of them work for you.

26
5 Ways To Cope With Stress

We’re in college, so unfortunately, being stressed is the new norm. We stress about studying, deadlines, sleep deprivation, making time for friends, and so much more. Do you sometimes find yourself so overwhelmed that you are unsure of how to cope with it all? Trust me, we’ve all been there. As a matter of fact, we will all most likely soon be there with finals approaching.

First off, you need to remind yourself that getting stressed out is OK. What matters is how you choose to deal with that stress. Coping with stress can be extremely hard and sometimes simply jamming out to some of your favorite songs on Spotify doesn’t cut it. Sometimes, you need more; you need something that will completely calm all of your nerves and not just a couple. Through the many stressful situations I have found myself in, I have learned what works for me and what doesn’t. Here are some of the things I do to cope with stress:

1. Take a nice long bubble bath.

Fill the tub with your favorite bath bomb and throw in some fragrant bubbles while you’re at it. Pull out that speaker and listen to some Adele or Coldplay—or whatever sets the mood just right. Light some candles. Maybe throw on a facemask if you’re feeling fancy! Lie there and don’t think about anything. Let your mind draw a blank. Enjoy the hot bath and the music in the background and simply be present.

2. Go for an easy-paced jog.

Pull up your favorite playlist on Spotify and just start jogging. Go wherever your curiosity takes you. Go jogging around Ladybird Lake or maybe through the streets of downtown. Whatever floats your boat!

3. Eat a meal that you’ve been craving!

Maybe sushi? What about a Hopdoddy burger with truffle fries? I know they say that eating to cope with stress is “bad for you,” but let’s be honest, sometimes you just need that burger and fries, am I right? It’s one meal, it ain’t gonna kill you!

4. Start writing.

Sometimes getting those feelings out on paper is extremely therapeutic. We tend to lock our thoughts and feelings in a vault, forbidding them from ever getting out; when in reality, all they want to do is escape!

5. Go hangout with friends!

We all need a change of scenery sometimes. The PCL can get dull and I think we all know you would much rather be outside enjoying the beautiful weather with friends—even if it’s just for 30 minutes—than stuck in a cubicle on the quiet floor.