5 Ways College Students Spend Summer Vacation

Goodbye fun, carefree summers.

436
Gretchen Rubin

Finals are over and it’s time to forget about everything school related. Here are five ways college students typically spend their summer vacations.

1. Working.

This is a no brainer. While it can be done, it’s very difficult to work full-time during the school year. Once finals are over and the stress of school can be pushed aside, it’s time to welcome an abundance of stressful days at your crappy job with open arms.

2. Sleeping.

After nine or so months of tossing and turning in a tiny dorm bed or all-nighters in the library, nothing feels better than crawling into your comfy bed at home and passing out for 10+ hours.

3. Binge watching Netflix.

Okay so it’s likely that we all spent the last school year watching too much Netflix but at least now we can do it without feeling guilty…

4. Dieting and working out.

Long gone are the days where summer vacation meant having fun and carefree. While we all tend to indulge over summer break, many of us are also determined to become healthier so we aren’t out of breath when we walk across campus next semester.

5. Desperately avoiding “adulting.”

With every summer break that comes and goes, we’re all getting closer to becoming a real adult with real responsibilities and real obligations. Pretty soon, “summer” will not mean “happy, carefree, fun season”.

Remember in high school when you would spend your summers staying out too late with friends, sleeping till noon, eating everything, just to do it all over again? Good times… Then college happened. Now you’re broke, tired, lazy, and gaining weight all while trying to hold it together and act like the adult your age suggests you are.