5 Ways To Bounce Back From People Who Doubt You

What to do when someone doubts your abilities.

1593
Tumblr

In life there will always be naysayers who will doubt you, but it is surprising how these words can actually take a toll on us. Through testimonies of friends and my own personal experiences, it is proven that the belittling words of coaches, instructors, parents, etc. can stick with one especially if heard at a young age. In a panic to change the mindsets of those deemed a ''failure'' here's a couple steps to help encourage yourself and others. Don't become discouraged, your dreams are still out there!

1. Work Harder!

Work ethic is everything! Ask yourself how far you are truly willing to go and write down the steps you must take to reach your goals. This doesn't mean only work harder, but smarter also! Be sure to eliminate distractions that could inhibit you from becoming your best self.

2. Put on your game face

You're not going down without a fight this time! Already know that it's not going to be a piece of cake (because you would've already done it right?) so through the ups and downs you're prepared to fight for what you believe. Only you can hold you back!

3. Shake off The haters

Basically haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate, so always be proud of any of your accomplishments whether big or small. If you're coming up in the world then you coming up! Just don't become complacent with the little success you may be experiencing because there's still more heights to be reached. Be thankful for the haters and always try to remain humble!

4. Incorporate more positive people in your life

This is so crucial because negativity breeds more negativity, so you can imagine the results when you have people spreading good vibes in your life. You don't need negativity clouding your outlook on your dreams so always surround yourself with people who encourage and believe in you just as much as you do.

5. Fake it til you make it

Even if you're not feeling it one day, you still have to be able to encourage yourself. A basketball coach of mine would always say 'If you're not feeling confident tonight you'll just have to fake it til you make it,'' and that's exactly what I did. If you're not faking it you're feeling it, you're succeeding! Good luck on your ventures and stay (+).

Even on your worst day when you're not feeling it and all your positive friends are busy you still have to be strong for yourself. A wise coach once told me even if you're not feeling confident just fake it until you feel it. If you notice `a1`a`