5 Ways To Boost Yourself After January

5 Ways To Boost Yourself After January

Tips to help you for the other 334 days of the year.

2018 has already started and I know that some of us have already quit going to the gym! That’s okay, we got 2019 in the bag. But for now, we are still in 2018 and we all have this general feeling like it is going to be better than 2017 (hopefully) so here are some ideas that can add some positivity to your year and make your life overall more uplifting than before.

Build a reflection jar

Reflection Jar, Memory box, whatever you would like to call it is fine, because it is yours. The concept of it is for you to sit for 5 minutes a day and then on an index card or half sheet a paper you would write 1-2 good things that happened to you that day. Then on the back you would write 1 not so good thing that happened that day (if any!). By the end of the year when you look back on all the good things that happened to you, there will be a giant smile on your face. When you read the not so good things that have happened, you can remind yourself that it is in the past and that you have grown since then and that it is not a big issue to you anymore.

Start every morning with an upbeat song and end the day with a song with deep meaning

This for my big music lovers! For me, music is a big part of my life and it molds the entirety of my day. By playing an upbeat song in the morning, you are already kicking off the day in a more positive attitude and you’ll mostly end up putting more a ‘pep to your step’ when you’re on your way to work/school. When it is time to wind down and get settled, try playing a song that gets you to think, or brings some emotion to you. This would allow for your brain to distract itself for a bit and let all the worries of the day wash away as you are powering down for the evening.

Buy something big for yourself and yourself only

As we get older, many of us tend to forget ourselves and only worry about the people around us. In 2018, try to look out for yourself more often. Splurge every once and a while. Buy that music festival ticket, go to that fancy restaurant, take up the mani-pedi you’ve wanted for weeks. Do not put yourself off. There is only ONE of you!

Clear out living space

This can happen anytime of the year, but I fully recommend in between spring and summer so you could hold a yard sale and sell all the stuff you do not want. Clearing out your living space is a great way to recollect and focus on what is important in your life. This will also give you a chance to figure out what needs to be replaced, or fixed; as well as figuring out if you want to rearrange the place. I personally believe that you can get tired of a space after a while, so it always cheered me up to see my room in a new perspective and it makes me want to keep the room positive.

Believe in something

Believing in something does not necessarily mean God. It could mean multiple things, whether it be an organized religion, a spiritual idea, or a life guide book for examples. Try to find something that you could go to in a time of stress or struggle. Doing this could benefit you in the way of bringing some relief into your life. This would also bring you some reassurance and a type of safety that a lot of us try to get in our lifetime. 2018 shall be a time of growth, change and passion and having belief in something could help bring you to the next level of your own awesomeness!