The 5 Perfect Genres Of Music For 5 Moods

Everyone has their own music for every situation, these are mine.

15
shopify

When you're asked to tell people about yourself, one of the first things everyone thinks about is what type of music they like. People have a tendency to act like this defines them as a person, but usually it's not as simple as that. Almost every person I've ever met has varying genres that they like to listen to, and no one likes to listen to the same music all the time. For most people there is a time and place for every type of music. While I was looking at my Spotify playlists, I realized that not only do I have several different tastes, but there are specific times and places that I like to listen to them.

Classic Rock

This is both the broadest category on this list, and also my most listened to. Many of my favorite artists, such as CCR or Lynyrd Skynyrd fall under this category. That being said, even this genre has its time and its place for me. I will in most cases only listen to it when I'm not doing anything else, or when I'm doing some sort of simple task. I will rarely listen to it when I'm doing schoolwork or anything that requires my real attention, since I have a tendency to pay more attention to the music than anything else around me. However, there is some overlap in classic rock that fall into other categories.

Metal

This is most likely my least favorite genre that I listen to, and I will most likely listen to it in one scenario. I've played sports most of my life, particularly football, a sport where there is usually down time before the game, that I would always use to get focused and pumped for the game. That is really the only time that I would listen to music like Metallica or Five Finger Death Punch, and the rest of the time, it's not really my type.

Country

Country, much like classic rock, is a genre that I enjoy most of the time. However, I will never listen to it before a football game or to get pumped up, and it's probably my favorite music to listen to when I'm sitting and relaxing with friends. It's the kind of music that can be on in the background, and I can continue doing whatever I'm doing, whether it's having a conversation with friends or working.

Hip Hop/Rap

While I listen to these genres less often than some of the others on this list, there are times where I'm in the mood for it. I will often use it to get pumped up, much like metal, but I'll also listen to it socially, or sometimes because I'm just in the mood for it. This is perhaps the one type of music that I can listen to whatever I'm doing.

Blues

Saying I like the blues kind of gives off the image that I'm an old man sitting on a porch, but the truth is that I listen to it a lot and really enjoy it. From Junior Kimbrough to William Elliot Whitmore, this is the music that'll I'll listen to while I'm studying or doing something menial. The more mellow music seems to help me focus, and based on amount of time listening to it, blues might be the music I listen to the most.