5 Ways To Have The Best Galentine's Day

5 Ways To Have The Best Galentine's Day

All the single ladies, put your hands up.

17
5 Ways To Have The Best Galentine's Day
Caitlin Lewis

Valentine's Day. Famously associated with couple-y sweethearts and dinners for two, can be made fun even if you're single. Ladies, allow me to introduce you to "Galentine's Day."
As mentioned on numerous episodes of Parks and Recreation, Urban Dictionary defines it as, "February 13th, the other half of valentine's day, when you celebrate your love for your lady friends! single or not." But while it's awesome to lift up the ladies in your circle (which I plan on doing with one of my best friends, Callie), don't forget about #1– Yes mam, that's right, I'm talking about YOU!

I'm giving you a list of lovely things you can do to celebrate your friends and yourself:

1. Work it, girl!

Wear an outfit that makes you feel comfortable, sexy, stunning... anything that you love and makes you feel good. Fix your makeup and hair and pretend that you're headed to New York City for an endless shopping spree during springtime. (Valentine's colors and accessories, optional)

2. #TREATYOSELF

Whether that be in the form of normal Valentine's Day gifts like your classic flowers, chocolates, balloons, a teddy bear, a nice dinner, etc., or you could purchase some hot lingerie, makeup, buy tickets for New Orleans Jazz Fest, pick up/download a new novel by your favorite author, your favorite adult beverage... just a little something or several somethings you think you deserve and would will you with joy. Even stores, like Victoria's Secret and ULTA beauty, have special featured gifts all directed towards yourself or your friends!

3. Pamper yourself!

Go get your nails done, put some money aside to change up your hair, do an at-home facial and a candle-lit bubble bath, book a massage... whatever would make you feel the most relaxed and beautiful at the same time! How am I gifting myself this year, you may ask, well I ordered myself some LUSH bath bombs a few weeks ago, got my eye on a fabulous Lime Crime "Dreamgirls" matte-lipgloss trio set, would like a few cookies from Great American Cookie, and probably a bottle of Pink Moscato, champagne or whiskey.

4. Getting together with your gals.

Meet for lunch, go dancing the weekend before, see the new " Fifty Shades" movie, go for mani/pedis, or pile up at a friends house and ugly-cry to romantic comedies and devote some love to the almighty Netflix and junk food.

Also, if you do this on a day that you're trying to get over a guy that wasn't right for you - even better. It's not so bad being single when your girls remind you how much the last loser you dated totally didn't deserve you. Plus, they won't shame you for having your hair in a messy bun, no makeup, no bra, and in your comfiest t-shirt and sweatpants because they will also be donning messy hair, no makeup, no bra, and in loungewear. #OvariesBeforeBrovaries

5. Create the best love playlist.

Put together an awesome mix to make you feel confident and upbeat. I suggest lots of Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, and Beyonce.

Don't feel down if you're alone on Valentine's Day– the first person you should be in love with and spoil is yourself! However, if you need some additional fun, round up your gals and make Galentine's Day 2k17 the best yet!