5 Tips On Beating Writer's Block

5 Tips On Beating Writer's Block

We all struggle to write from time to time and all we may need is a break, a nice cup of coffee and a walk in the park.

8
5 Tips On Beating Writer's Block

Let's be honest, writer's block gets the best of us. Whether you just can't figure out what to say in your essay, your creative juices have stopped flowing, or you're like me and are lacking fresh ideas for an article, you can easily beat writer's block with these simple tips!

1. Take a break.

I find one of the best ways to overcome writer's block is to stop working and relax. Sometimes that means stepping away from your computer for a few minutes, or it might mean coming back to it the next day, either way, at times your brain needs a chance to recuperate.

2. Drink some coffee.

I like to combine this tip with the first. I really enjoy drinking coffee, hot or iced, and find that it can help me relax. The caffeine also helps when fatigue is contributing your writer's block. If you don't drink coffee, try some tea that has caffeine in it to give you a little pick me up.

3. Talk it out.

There's a reason your teachers want you to plan out your essays and talk to them about it. When you're at a loss for words, it is really helpful to talk to someone about what you are trying to say. Getting your words out verbally can make it a lot easier to sort through your ideas and get them down on paper. You will also be able to receive feedback before even producing a rough draft, so find someone to talk to!

4. Choose a new topic.

It seems in the worst of times we realize the reason we can't finish our essays is that the topic just sucks. Or maybe you haven't realized that. Writing on something you don't care about or don't know much about can make the task a hundred times harder. Rethink your ideas and consider a new approach to your topic or consider a new one altogether.

5. Write in nature.

There is something oddly satisfying about reading and writing in nature. Sometimes being trapped indoors working away on assignments fogs up your mind, so choosing a new setting to work in can quickly improve your productivity. Sitting outside lets, you enjoy the fresh air and will help break your writer's block.

Writer's block can make writing seem like a daunting task to many people, but there are some easy ways around it. Never be afraid to accept that we all struggle to write from time to time, and all we may need is a break, a nice cup of coffee and a walk in the park.