5 Tips For The Perfect Interview

5 Tips For The Perfect Interview

Interviews are horrifying, but these tips may help!

235
Today.com

Interviews. They send nervous chills down any participant's spine, and they cause numerous amounts of sweat to begin leaking from every orifice. Who knows? That one question and answer combo could be the yes or no to a person getting a job and being able to afford to live.

But not to worry! There are tips and tricks to acing the perfect interview and securing your employment. Here are five tips for the perfect interview.

1. Make it a conversation instead of a boring back-and-forth.

If you turn the interview into a conversation between you and the employer, then the amount of stress and nervousness you will feel during the duration of the interview will be lower. It’s supposed to be some lighthearted questions and some chuckles along the way. Make sure to have your sentences flow and think out your words before you say them and possibly mess the whole thing up.

2. Be honest about your abilities.

Lying never gets anyone anywhere. Make sure you tell the truth about what you’re really good at and what you think you’ll be best at on the job. Make sure to also let them know what you might need help with on the job. If you ignore this, then the employer may think you are unfit for the job. If you never let them know you need help, they will expect you to get the job done without fail.

3. Talk extensively about your past job.

Don’t forget to inform your possible new employer about your past job, and make sure to be enthusiastic and honest about every aspect of them. Tell them your favorite parts of your old job, and also let them know the reason you left and how the job you are interviewing for fills this void.

4. Mention some personal things about yourself.

Let your interviewer get a little insight about you as a person. Let them know about your hobbies, friends, and even pets you might have at home. Trust me, this will help gain your interviewer's trust and perhaps make them like you and want you as an employee more than someone who does not inform them about personal interests and things.

5. Make sure to have questions to ask afterward.

Interviewers want you to ask them some questions afterward. Ask things that actually matter to you, but do not mention money or payment from the possible job. Ask them about the employee morale at the workplace, or ask them about their favorite part of the job. Just ask any question that is appropriate after they finish interviewing you.

Now that you’ve read these tips for an interview, I hope you nail yours and get your dream job. It takes time to perfect interview-taking skills, but these will definitely benefit anyone looking for employment and a relaxing interview session.