5 Tips For Dorm Organization

5 Tips For Dorm Organization

It's almost that time again.

15
5 Tips For Dorm Organization
Jessica Slaughter

Whether you're ready for it or not, classes are about to be back in session. One of the best ways to start off another semester at college is to be organized. When living in an apartment or dorm, things can feel crowded or messy at times. So, here are some tips to help keep your home away from home organized and clutter free:

1. Over-the-door organizer

If the kitchen cabinets are getting full and hard to find stuff, then it’s time to make some room. Take an over-the-door shoe organizer and hang it over a door in the kitchen. Then place all cleaning supplies, paper towels and wash cloths in the sections of the organizer. This makes room in crowded cabinets and makes for better access to supplies.

2. Magazine holders to make extra room

Another way to get the kitchen organized is to organize the pantry. Buy a couple of magazine holders and use them to put plastic bags and plastic wrap in. By doing this, there is better access to them, and they get out of the way of other things in the pantry.

3. Unexpected use for shower caddies

When sharing a bathroom with another person, things can get mixed up very easily. A simple way to make sure shampoo and other personal items don’t get mixed up with others' is to put shower caddies to use. Get more than one shower caddy and use command strips to mount them on the wall in the shower opposite the faucet. This way, items that are used daily in the shower can be stored all in one place, separated from roommates and are easy to reach.

4. Bring a wine rack into the bathroom.

Storage in the bathroom always seems like an issue. One way to make sure towels are always available is to use a wine rack in the bathroom to put towels on. Mount the rack on the wall, roll the towels up and place them on the rack. This will ensure that towels always have a place and that they are easy to put up after doing laundry.

5. Never lose the remotes again.

If the remotes to the television and other electronics in the house are always missing, try making a secure place for them. Use velcro to put on the back of the remotes, and place them underneath the coffee table or side tables in the living room. This is a way to make sure they don’t get lost, and there is always a spot for them.

These DIY hacks are the perfect way to get a dorm or apartment organized. Each task doesn’t take a lot of time and can be fun to do. Don’t think of it as a hassle, just think of it as good start to a new semester.