5 Times Lip Gallagher From 'Shameless' Was Absolutely Right

5 Times Lip Gallagher From 'Shameless' Was 100% In The Right

His advice is genius and when it comes down to getting A's, so is he.

385

The bad boy with a heart of gold. The 24-hour babysitter of the family. Lip Gallagher likes to be the coach, but when it comes down to taking his own advice, he can never score. He isn't great with relationships. His top picks of women turn out crazy, pregnant, or his professor. Lip can be his own therapist, it's what's so appealing to his tough guy persona. He swallows his pain and will probably punch a face or two.

Shameless / Instagram

1. "All teenagers are sex addicts."

Fact.

As much as our hormones would like to deny it, guys hunt girls and girls act like they aren't hunting guys. When it comes down to it, our youth is run off our sex drive. "I hit that," Brad says. "Yeah we hooked up," Jessica says. (Sorry if your name is Brad or Jessica, really just fits.) We sit in class and we stare, we give a little smile, and if you wanna get a little too crazy you rub your neck like you're in actual pain. Real game changer. Guys can be weak, they fall at the sight of a pencil on our lips. This world is run off of sex, money, and drugs. Lip just knows there is more sex than money and drugs combined.

2. "Stuff just happens sometimes."

Sometimes there's really nothing else to say. You study hard for an exam and you know you got an A, you get a D. Stuff just happens sometimes. You have been talking to a guy on Tinder for months who could be Zac Efron's clone. You meet up and he resembles more of a Jonah Hill more than anything. Stuff just happens sometimes.

Shameless / Instagram

3: "I don't want to sit in a lecture that teaches me how to modify algorithms instead of think for myself."

I don't know what an algorithm is, but if I did, I probably wouldn't want to learn about it either. In today's society, we are more often able to get that cubicle job than the world traveler job. Why? We're not thinking for ourselves. We sit in the library day in and day out filling our brains with knowledge not even Isaac Newton probably consumed. We are walking little file cabinets storing the most pointless information. I can tell you any math function from now to third grade, but if you ask me my favorite food it might take me a minute. Thinking for yourself is uncommon these days. Lip runs by his rules and thinks for not only himself but his whole family.

SEE ALSO: 10 Qualities That Make Lip Gallagher Absolutely Irresistible

4: "You can spend less time worrying about everyone and spend more time thinking of yourself."

This one hits.

Fiona, Lip's older sister, is someone who is guilty of this. She takes everyone's falls. She does laundry, maintains money, cleans poop, and bails everyone out from jail. She has a new problem every day and not enough time for a problem that's even hers. Dating or even social life is impossible with everything and everyone she juggles. Lip has a heart way too big. He takes some of the family damage and steps up to be the new Fiona.

Shameless / Instagram

5: " F*** You, You F****** F***"

That's all.