5 Times Grey's Anatomy Characters Nailed It

Here are five moments when characters on this wonderful show were insanely inspirational and relatable.

26
Spoilers Daily

Every character on Grey's Anatomy has had their inspirational moments throughout the past 12 seasons (currently season 13 is being aired). However, a few of my favorite characters have said some amazing, relatable things that I think everyone should read/hear, so I'm going to share them with you all:

1. When Alex Karev gave a pep talk to a surgeon in need of reassurance.

People spend so much time caring about what others think of them and their decisions, that they begin to be society's puppet. But, as Karev clearly puts it, what matters at the end of the day is what you think about yourself and about the choices that you make, because you're the one who has to live with them.

2. When Mark Sloan gave words of wisdom to a fellow doctor while he was on his death bed.

I think we live in a world where we filter our thoughts and emotions because we are scared. We are scared to be honest with ourselves and with others because we don't want our lives to implode. We all need to stop being scared, because who knows how much time we have left? So go shout from the rooftops that you love your best friend since you were five years old. Just do it. You don't know what will happen when you admit these things, but I can tell you that if you keep certain feelings bottled up inside then you will always wonder "what if," and this will eat you alive.

3. When Cristina Yang's feminist side comes out.

Everyone wants to be told that they are beautiful or handsome (if you're a guy), because our society measures our value by our appearance, which is a bunch of BS. I agree with Cristina: compliment my brain. Looks fade. We all (hopefully) will be old and wrinkly some day, but you know what? Our brains and our thoughts and who we are will still remain the same. Let's start valuing what really matters in a human being.

4. When Meredith Grey realizes why she pushes away the one that she truly loves.

I think it's easy to be so scared of something that we begin to convince ourselves that we are fine without it. In the case of love it is easy to pretend that we would be okay if we end up alone, but in reality we are so scared of getting hurt that we never let anyone close enough to be able to hurt us. The thing about love is that the person who is able to bring us the most joy is the same person who can cause us the most pain, and we just need to accept it. Love is a double-edged sword.

5. When Dr. Miranda Bailey admits that she is scared.

We are all scared in life. Some are scared of dying. Some are scared that they are not good enough. Some are scared that they will never amount to anything great in life. But I think that all of us can agree that we are all scared of looking back on our lives when we are old and grey and having regrets about how we lived or wishing that we could hit a reset button to change what path we went down. Make it your life's work to not have regrets and to live a good and happy life.

So as you can see, Grey's Anatomy isn't some stupid, over-hyped TV show. It's a show that has such complex characters who have these incredible moments where they so clearly pinpoint our exact feelings or thoughts whether we were aware of them or they were in our subconscious. I love this show and the way it makes me think about life...