5 Things To Look Forward To In The Spring

At last, the warmer days have come.

52
Tim Gouw on Unsplash

1. Studying Outside

Now that the weather is finally warming up, it is time to enjoy doing work outside again! Since the cold temperatures have subdued, there are various outdoor areas around campus which can finally be used. Working outside, especially when it’s sunny, can alleviate some stress from being inside your dorm all winter long. You can even get tired of going to the library too often, so why not sit outside and enjoy the sun while it lasts? Getting some vitamin D can definitely make your days feel productive and worthwhile, especially during finals season

2. Not having to wear your puffy jacket

We all know the struggle of having to wear a big winter jacket, especially during the rough snow season. While it keeps you warm during low temperatures, having to carry the thing everywhere for too long can be a burden. There is some point towards the end of winter when you just get tired of having to wear it all the time. However, come spring, there is no longer a need to bundle up! Thanks to the warm temperatures creeping up, a light jacket or sometimes no jacket at all are needed. This makes it easier to travel places and choose what you want to wear without piling on layers.

3. Not slipping on ice!

While snow can be pretty and also come in handy for those class cancellations, frankly, no one will miss slipping on it. When it piles up and then turns to black ice, that is when it becomes a feared entity. While I personally have yet to slip on the snow on my way to class, I have definitely witnessed some scary falls. Not only does the ice delay your walk to wherever it is you’re going, but it’s a hassle to have to wear those snow boots everywhere. Even more, trying to find the perfect boots for the winter is tedious and annoying!

4. The walk to class in the morning

Aside from the ice, and looking like a snowman yourself when wearing your winter gear, waking up in the morning during the winter is definitely more difficult. Not only are you persuaded to skip class and stay in your warm bed, but the walk to class seems like a nightmare. It’s not until you actually get out of bed, however, and decided to head over to your morning lecture that you realize you should’ve chosen the latter. It is freezing, it is dark, and it most definitely makes the morning even more dreary. In the spring, however, the mornings are sun filled and the warm temperatures definitely make walking to class a lot more bearable.

5. A longer day!

A longer day means more time to get work done! Or watch Netflix? Or simply enjoy time with friends whether that be outside or not. Finally, it won’t seem like night has come at five p.m. and so walking to many far places on campus does not seem as bad when there are many people outside