5 Things To Be Absolutely Thankful For This Thanksgiving

We always give a general 'thanks,' but this year, know exactly what to thank for!

6

We are told to “give thanks” every single time Thanksgiving rolls around. In our minds, this instruction is too general. To be honest, in my prayers of gratitude I simply offer “thank you for everything.” I’m sure that is what most people do. It is the classic example of running out of things to list or say at the time when you have to. So, this Thanksgiving give thanks (duh, of course), but be specific in your thanks! Steal some of my ideas!

Give thanks for:

Family and Friends

There is not enough I can say about this. These people give us reason to keep living on days that you want to give up. They inspire us to continue when we don’t want to. They can be annoying sometimes, but face it, life is kinda empty without that annoyance. We love them and hate them, but we cannot do without them. For any immediate and distant family you have, for any close or far friends you have, thank them for being there!

Devices

I never thought I could add this to my “thank you” list, but both you and I know how important this is! We need out cellphones, tablets, watches, laptops, earphones, cars, T.V, etc. every day. It is our source of ‘one-finger away’ knowledge, our entertainment on low days, our convenience to live in this miserable world, and our basis of communication. Thank God we live in a time when technology flourishes in an exponential measure such that we can utilize it best to meet our daily needs. Thank God you can take a Thanksgiving memory snap and store it in some virtual cloud!

Job/Career

Something we cannot live without, but also something we run away from and take vacations. I remember saying “I hate school” and regretted saying that when I got to college. We never appreciate the hardships and the person they make us until they leave us. Hence, today, give thanks for your academics and your profession. It gives you a good name in the world.

Food!

You may not like the broccoli, you may hate the spinach, your meat isn’t tender enough, but the fact that you have something to fill your tummy means you are fortunate! God has bestowed you with an amazingly awesome thing called Food! If you can choose between your chocolate or vanilla ice-cream, know that you are blessed – some people don’t even get that.

Being Alive!

It’s simple: if you are breathing, count your blessings. People die of disease, famine, war, and accidents every day. Your life may not be where you want it to be, but ladies and gentlemen, at least you have one.

Although Thanksgiving is the time to be thankful for a reason, be thankful every day for what you have! It is never enough.

-And, you are welcome!