5 Things I Thought As A Child

5 Things I Thought As A Child

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought they'd be way cooler as an adult.

24
5 Things I Thought As A Child
Kelsey Ketterling

We've all reflected back on our childhood at some point in our young adult lives. Remembering old friends, favorite movies or those pivotal moments that helped shape who we became as adults. Along with these typical reflections on our earlier years, we also occasionally reminisce about what we used to believe as children.

After digging around in my childhood memories, these are what I remember of some things I thought as a kid.

As a child, I use to think that...

1. I would be married, have kids and be rich when I was in my early 20s.

No, no and man I really wish. Now that I am in my 20s, my childhood self was way off on this one. I think the main reason I wanted this was because when we are young, we all want to be like our parents in some ways and mine were married and had kids in their 20s.

2. My BFFs I had in kindergarten would be my friends forever.

I was convinced that all of my close friends, which is pretty much the whole class when you are six, were all still going to be my close friends throughout middle school, high school and college.

With the exception of my friend Jocelyn, this one also was not true as I became an adult. Only Jocelyn and I have remained friends since Kindergarten.

3. I would have a job I love.

This one is still, hopefully, within my reach. It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally starting out in a job that I really like, and with possibilities for advancement, I could grow to love this job.

When I was younger I thought I'd be a wildlife photographer for National Geographic. As I got older I realized I don't like traveling quite that much, especially to places where there are huge spiders and other bugs.

4. I'd be tall.

As a child I use to always think I'd be really tall when I grew up, which compared to my height when I thought this I am considered tall. Though, I was thinking more along the lines of 5'10".

But, at least I can reach things without needing a step stool now.

5. I would travel all over the world.

I hope this one still happens in the future, but my younger self was not anticipating the expenses involved and time I would have to take off work. I'd still really love to make it happen someday though. Hopefully before I'm too old to enjoy being spontaneous and traveling without a plan or destination in mind.