5 Reasons We Should Live Like The Dick Van Dyke Show

Called me Old-Fashion but the Dick Van Dyke has morals and actions that should be brought back into this world.

123
Pexels.com

I don't know about you but I absolutely love the old shows, I Love Lucy, John Wayne, The Dick Van, Dyke Show, etc. I love the black and white television screen. In my opinion, the actors were best in the old days than they are now.

1. When Robert and Laura have a discussion, they make their son, Richie, go to his room.

They did not yell in front of their son. Nowadays, parents just yell in front of their kids if they do not realize that that can upset the children.

2. Laura and Robert have discussions and talk about everything.

They did not go to bed angry with each other. They did call or text the discussion, they always talk face to face. They did fight, they just had a discussion. He heard her side and she heard his side, they comprised.

3. When a child got a prize or toy, it was for a reason and because they earned it.

Children did not need to be bribed my prizes to behave. They behaved their parents because they respected them and loved them. Nowadays, you can't go to Walmart nowadays without hearing a child ask,"mom, can I have this or this or this?" I am not saying to never give your children prizes, I am just saying that children now days expect things every day.

Can we bring back calling back each other darling, honey, beautiful, handsome, etc?

4. The neighborhood was a family.

The children could all run down the street together safely. They would have each other for dinner, carpool to places, etc.

5. People always looked their best no matter if they were at the house or outside the house.

People did not walk around in PJs. They looked their best for themselves and wanted to be presentable for their guests if any came that day.

All these reasons come back to the morals. Morals are slowly and slowly going out of practice and disappearing.