5 Things You Need To Know For Your First Concert

Rock out kiddos!

139
Captial City Tickets

Recently I went a concert for the Maine this past Thursday, and if you know me. You know, that when I was in high school concert life was all I ever did in my spare time when I had the money and ride to the show. The other day I had a really long conversation with my one of my best friend's Morgan, who is currently in the military and we talked about concert memories and it got me thinking: What did I know about my first concert? What did I not know was gonna happen?

Well, I didn't know and some other people may not. So, if it's your first experience at a concert here's what you gotta know:

1. Drunk Mishaps

It's no secret that some concerts or shows are held in bars, so you're gonna run into some drunk people at a concert. I didn't know this at one of the concerts I went to and some drunk lady accidentally got beer all over me, I was quite annoyed to say the least. But don't be alarmed, if you get a little alcohol on you, it's not that big of a deal just try and avoid the drunk people and have a good time. It's your first concert after all!

2. Mosh Pits

I know when I went to my first Warped Tour, I was so scared of getting swallowed up by a mosh pit and even though I've been close to one. They're still pretty terrifying, so usually what I do to avoid them is: if you're close to the wall of one: move away as fast you can and use the buddy system with your friends. But if you want to get in one, BE SAFE! It's best to not be dumb and not help other people up in the pit.

3. Buddy System: Explained

My friends and I came up with a system for concerts or Warped Tour, when were heading through the crowded place grab a hold or their hand, hair (okay maybe not that), bag, and really anything you can get hold of so you don't get swallowed away by the crowd. It's crucial if it's your first Warped or concert. It helps out a lot.

4. Don't Be Dumb

Basically, use some common sense in some situations. Like, don't scream out that you love the artist or anything like that. You're all there for a reason: you love that artist. It's obvious, unless you're that awkward parent that got dragged along with their kid. But still, just use your common sense at a concert and you should be alright.

5. HAVE FUN!

It's your first show, have a fun time with it! You're seeing a cool musician/band! It's meant to be a fun time, so enjoy yourself!

Have fun and be safe!