5 Things I Miss About Winthrop

5 Things I Miss About Winthrop

I may not be ready to go back, but I still miss my second home

If you go to Winthrop, you know that there is no other school you would want to be at. No matter how much you might want to tear your hair out during the semester, the campus itself is a sight for sore eyes. Even though I was elated to leave for the summer, there were still some things I missed about my campus.

1. Common Time

Everyone loves common time. It's a time where you don't have to worry about having to go to class and you can just relax with your friends. It's even better when you don't have a class before it. It means extra sleep time, or time to stand in the line for a bagel and Einsteins. Plus, you might see the occasional Greek come out and stroll with their members on Campus Green.

2. Subway

The main thing I miss about Subway is being able to use my cafe cash instead of actually having to pay for it. Going to Subway back home for the first time and having to use my credit card or cash was truly heartbreaking. Not being able to swipe my ID was truly a strange experience.

3. Scholars Walk

I miss Scholar's Walk for the lovely wooden swings to sit on between classes and for sheer entertainment. You never really know what is going to happen on Scholar's Walk. There might be dancing, or we all might be crowded around the newest puppy on campus. Sometimes you even get to dodge a car that's cruising down the path.

4. Nugget Day in Thomson

No day in Thomson makes me happier than Nug Day. Period.

5. Free Movies in Dina's Place

It's always a good time when you can grab a few friends and go to Dina's Place to watch a movie. Not only are they cheaper than a regular ticket (these days tickets are about $20 after taxes), but also the fact that you can literally show up in whatever and just enjoy a good movie.