5 Things A Maid Of Honor Should Know

5 Things A Maid Of Honor Should Know

It's not always rainbows, ya know.

118
5 Things A Maid Of Honor Should Know
google.com

Your best friend is getting married! Woohoo! And along with the man of her dreams, she wants you by her side as her maid of honor. You are thrilled, and immediately say, "Yes!" But then, it all begins to blur together. The dress fittings, dress buying, bridal shower, bachelorette party, trying to get all the bridesmaids together without strangling someone... It can make a girl go absolutely crazy! You thought it would be all fun and parties and friendships, but now you're regretting saying yes... But here are five things that may help you brave the waves. Try not to squeal with delight.

1. Water off a duck's back.

Don't ever let anything that is said to you hurt your feelings. Even though you are your bride's best friend and confidante, you do not have to be her emotional punching bag. She is under so much stress, we all know that, but never let her (or the other bridesmaids) put you down for anything you're trying to do. Let harsh comments roll right off your back, and let the good times roll right on.

2. Get to know your fellow bridesmaids.

Sometimes you're not lucky enough to know the rest of your bridal party. If you aren't that lucky, then take some time to have one-on-one time with each of them. Not only will you make new friends, but you'll make each girl feel like she has at least one connection besides the bride. Take them out to lunch, go for mani-pedis, or just spend an afternoon talking and finding out more about them. A little love goes a long way!

3. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion.

Your bride chose you for a multitude of reasons. Maybe you two were best friends since birth, maybe y'all became close in college and she trusts you to hold her hair and her heart. And if she didn't want to hear you dish and talk about the wedding, she wouldn't have talked to you in the first place. So don't feel as if your opinions don't matter to her or to anyone. Yes she has a plan and a certain way she wants things to look, but never be afraid to give your ideas to her. Don't push them on her. Engage in a conversation and tell her any thoughts you may have. If she takes them, OK. If not, then don't let it hurt your feelings. You won't know how it looks until the day arrives.

4. Don't become a doormat.

You are sometimes the voice of reason to your flighty bride. You have girls who look to you for planning get-togethers and fun activities, and all that can get a bit overwhelming. But when your planning falls through because of the selfishness or incapability of others, don't just take it. When your cap is about to burst, don't place duct tape over it and hope for the best. Don't keep quiet. Don't hold anger in. Never let someone who doesn't pay your bills raise your blood pressure.

5. Have fun.

Weddings are always a stressful time, but you and your bride and her bridal party should flow smoothly. Take your bride tribe and make this wedding day the best day of your bride's life. Always take everything with a grain of salt, and have fun whenever you can.

Take these things and realize your place in the wedding. Everyone is what they are and who they are for a reason. Love your bride and help her make her special day a success!