5 Things I Love About My Relationship

5 Things I Love About My Relationship

When you find your soulmate, the feeling is indescribable.

34
5 Things I Love About My Relationship
Sarah Rose Portraits

I have been in a relationship with my sweetie for over two years, and I have never been happier than I am with him. Everyday, he makes me smile from ear to ear and laugh until my stomach hurts. I'm so blessed that he has been in my life for the past thirteen years, and that I have gotten to love him for two and a half of those thirteen. Our relationship is never boring; it is never dull, so I decided to create a list of my top 5 favorite things about our relationship (and him).

1. He's Patient: It's no surprise that I am stubborn and sometimes rather difficult to put up with, but he never gets angry. No matter what mood I'm in (and I can get in some pretty awful moods) he just sits beside me and lets me vent out all of my built in emotions, while giving me hugs, or rubbing my back, or just simply listening.

2. Our Love of Concerts: I'm so glad that both of us have the same taste in music. He and I have been to several concerts together, and we have loved every bit of it. Although somehow he remains calm through them all, while I'm making a complete fool of myself, we have a lot of fun jamming out to the music we both know and love.

3. We Don't Really Go on Dates: This might sound kind of weird, but I love that we don't have to go on a lot of dates to keep our relationship interesting. All we really do is go to each other's house and watch T.V. (we're currently finishing up The Office), or play games (he always wins), or we like to make food or play basketball or play baseball in the yard. It's just the simple fact that I am with him, and that's all I need to be happy. I don't need fancy dates all of the time because he just makes me happy being who he is, and I love being around him all the time.

4. We've Never Had Trust Issues: A huge part about making a relationship work is trusting one another, and I trust my boyfriend wholeheartedly. There's never been any instance where we've questioned one another or worried about what each of us were doing, and I think that's one of the main factors that make our relationship so strong.

5. We Love Adventure: He and I both love the outdoors. We love fishing, and hiking, and just sitting outside enjoying nature. I've always loved adventure and discovering new things, and being able to do that with the one I love is the greatest thing in the world.

It's hard to explain the feeling of knowing that you've found your soulmate, but I am so blessed to have someone as great as my boyfriend. If you haven't found your soulmate yet, you will, but don't settle. You will find a guy who makes you happy and gives you all those butterflies and makes you smile from ear to ear. Just be patient.