4 Things I've Learned After Pushing Him Away

The pros and cons to being love-free.

12517

Communication is a beautiful and important thing. It is the bridge that holds bonds together, and allows us to exchange thoughts, feelings, and ideas through words. Although this may be a simple task in the business world, many of us have a fatal time expressing ourselves when it comes to love and romantic relationships. Hence, here are the vital lessons I've learned after pushing away someone I really cared about.

1) If you push someone away, don't expect them to chase you.

Sadly, I've learned this lesson the hard way. I wanted reassurance from my partner about whether or not he truly cares, so I withdrew from the relationship without ever confronting him about it. However no matter how much I wondered about him, he did not chase me as I had expected. Instead, he gravitated further away from me. Instead, talk to that person face-to-face at a convenient venue and try to reach some sort of compromise.

2) You may still have urges to talk to them, but your ego won't let you

This is another common trait I've noticed among myself, and several of my colleagues with social relationships. Even though the person you love may be a text or call away, you choose to ignore them out of pure arrogance. Unfortunately, this does not make you appear stronger, as I have previously hypothesized it would. In fact, we will always have that stinging urge to talk to that person and try to patch things up. That feeling may be just as bad as the feeling of remorse. Instead, learn to set your pride aside and talk things out so that you don't accumulate regrets later on.

3) You will miss them, and because you miss them You will go through a carousel of emotions

Again, we're talking about love here! And guess what, it's okay to fall in love because we're human beings and that's what we do. It is also normal to feel heartbroken after withdrawing from a relationship. Just know that you love this person, which means you want to see them happy under any circumstance. So if you found out that they've moved on or something, don't fret. Wish them the best and move on too!

4) You may take a lot of time focusing on yourself, and less on others

After ending a relationship, it is common for many of us to get back to focusing on our own lives. Some people may use alcohol, though I wouldn't advise it, others start new career paths, projects, relationships, etc. Remember, you can still have your moments where you sulk over what's gone, but don't dwell on it for too long. Instead, set a list of various goals and work towards them. Also keep in mind that it is absolutely normal for you to take time away from other people until you get back in the single life again! It will take time, it won't be easy, but you can do it! It is highly advised that you delete photos with this person, numbers, or anything that will make you miss them. If you want to move onto a better future, you must let go of the past.