5 Things I Did Not Appreciate About My Campus

You learn something new everyday right?

23

This past week, I have spent far more time exploring Florida State's campus than I ever have. My friends and I spent the day walking around the different areas of campus because my friend just transferred here. Then, I decided to walk my boyfriend through campus since he has never been here! While doing that, I got to see so many different parts of campus that I never sat and appreciated before. I learned how beautiful my college truly is.

1. The secret study spots. 

If you would rather study somewhere secluded than party in Club Stroz, there are so many different places you could find on campus! I walked behind the Psychology building and found a cute little study spot where there was shade for when it is still hot, and not as crowded as most of our libraries. There is also a study spot right next to the Williams building that has umbrellas and tables set up and is seems like not many people take advantage of them!

2. The nature. 

I know it is obvious, FSU is beautiful. But, walking around the stadium and seeing all the trees lined up with some shedding leaves was simply breathtaking. Seeing seasons change here is so amazing and provides almost a calming feeling when you are there. I found myself constantly saying, "Wow our school really is so beautiful." Sometimes it takes a long walk to really let that set in I guess.

3. Heritage Tower 

Okay so I knew what Heritage Tower was, but have any of you actually looked at it up close? I know that sounds stupid but I had never really went and looked at it from more than a far distance away. But, the fountain echoes the style of all of our buildings on campus and includes the torch at the top which represents everything we work for at FSU. Plus, on a walk in the ninety degree weather...it is nice to get some of the mist from the fountain's flowing water on you.

4. Legacy Fountain 

This is something I always knew about, and spent a lot of time freshman year around. I know what it looks like and always did. But, when I took a step back and looked at the whole scenery surrounding the fountain and how beautiful it all came together, I was taken back. I was taken back by that and with all the memories that came back from freshman year. I never appreciated how many memories I made on campus.

5. The unity. 

Now I know this is not a spot on campus or anything. But, I noticed something about the students on campus. Despite the pandemic, I see so many students still spending time on campus (in the safe ways of course). Even with masks on, students play on Landis and get lunch at 1851 together! It makes me sad that we can not be in a state of normality but makes me so excited that despite the situation we are in, we all still love being Florida State Seminoles!