5 Things Gilmore Girls Has Taught Me

5 Things Gilmore Girls Has Taught Me

Although Gilmore Girls is only a fictional show it still managed to teach and solidify some life lessons in a fun and entertaining way.

6
5 Things Gilmore Girls Has Taught Me
Erin Jensen

After binge-watching the "Gilmore Girls" series in my first month of college, I have learned quite a bit from the beloved show of the 2000s. The show touched on all the right places of femininity, nerdiness, and love. Although "Gilmore Girls" is only a fictional show it still managed to teach and solidify some life lessons in a fun and entertaining way.

1. Sometimes you don't end up where you think you will be. And that's ok.

We all have that dream school that ever since you can remember, you only pictured yourself going there. Unfortunately, life isn't always on your side and sometimes it is not meant to be. Sometimes loving your dream just isn't enough. But, things always seem to work out in just the right ways. You may not end up at you dream school but that opens up doors for other schools and new relationships and experiences you would have not gotten.

2. Being best friends with your mom is the greatest thing ever.

Everyone loves their mom to the end of the earth, but being best friends with your mom is a whole new level. You can talk to each other about anything and she will never judge you and will always have your best interests in mind. The best kind of bond is the one that can never be broken.

3. Friends will always keep you in check.

Love between friends is a special kind of bond. No matter what you are going through they will always help you out when you are feeling low. They will hold your hand through the all the scary parts and when your allowed grieving time is over, help you get back to your life.

4. It is important to care about academics, not just your appearance

Working hard will get you into the best schools and eventually get you a great job that you love. Sometimes you just have to drop the social pressures about how you look and break open those textbooks.

5. Sometimes you find love in the most unlikely of places.

Love is hard. Sometimes when you aren't even looking, love finds its way into your life. It may not be what you were looking for, but it may just be what you need. Love is love and it comes and goes in life.