5 Things Every Homeschooler Knows To Be True

Who doesn't love doing schoolwork in their pajamas?

21
Daily Signal

I've decided to take a break from my more "serious" articles to do a piece on homeschoolers. Being one myself, I understand the difficulties and awesomeness of being homeschooled in America. So here are five things that every homeschooler knows to be true...

5. Getting all your school work done so you could watch yet another "Veggie Tales" episode.

This is definitely true for Christian homeschoolers.It was just a given that you would watch a daily "Veggie Tales" after school. I mean, you can never sing along to "The Hairbrush Songs" too many times. And the chocolate bunny? Classic! Those human-like vegetables were like family!

4. Realizing you have a supermom who balances her jobs of mothering and teaching.

Your mom goes from teaching shapes to your little sister to teaching you algebra. Then, on top of that, she takes care of your needs like a great mother. After that, she grades your school work, prepares for tomorrow and wakes up to do it all over again. Wonder Women has nothing on homeschooling mothers!

3. All your best friends are from your local homeschool co-op.

Seriously, you meet the best and worst people through homeschool groups! Life-long friendships were grown there! I like to say that homeschoolers of the world have to unite. You know the old saying, "Birds of a feather flock together." That goes double for homeschool kids.

2. Waking up early to get school done by lunchtime.

Put the pedal to the metal and it really is possible to get Math, Latin, English and everything else down in time to sit down for a grilled cheese! But then, of course, there's the fact that you have to wake up long before the sun rises.

1. Doing school in your pajamas is the most awesome thing about school mornings!

My mom gave me an incentive for waking up at 6 am and getting good grades: doing school in PJs! Remember what I said about waking up before dawn to get school done early? This is what makes those crammed mornings more bearable.

Being a homeschooler can be the greatest time in life (or the worst, depending on which day you asked me...)! I am very thankful I had the chance to be educated at home. Now a freshman in college, I look back on my life as a homeschooler and I realize that my teacher loved me more than anyone else. Because of that, she was even more motivated to see me exceed not just in schoolwork, but also in life.