5 Things College Students Are Not Ashamed To Admit

Say it loud and proud, my friends!
40

College is a great time in your life and many people consider it to be the best. But don’t let that fool you. It is also a time when you are poor, without resources that were readily available when you were home, and schoolwork that will crush your self-confidence. I know that there are things that just have to be done to survive. It’s plain and simple. To keep going when you run out of ice cream. To push on. We are not ashamed to admit these things because they are what make college a unique experience.

We will do ANYTHING for free stuff.

Free T-shirt? I am there! Free food? Do you even need to ask?! Free pencils? I could definitely use another pencil. Whatever it may be, wherever it may be. You can count on the fact that if there is anything free, there will be college students there. Like a mother has a sixth sense about her children, college students have a sixth sense about free stuff. It is magic and it keeps us alive.

Netflix is a critical and cherished part of our lives.

Netflix is ranked in the top three most important things alongside with food and sleep. And sometimes, yes, sometimes it takes precedence over these previously mentioned things as the number one most important. I can think of multiple times in my first semester of college where I have picked Netflix over one of these things. Food, who needs food? And sleep? I’ll sleep when I’m dead. Right now, I need to finish this series. Binge-watching that irresistible series on Netflix is critical to having a true college experience.

Our best work is procrastinated.

Although, our parents don’t like to hear it and sometimes people are ashamed to admit it. It is the truth. When you are cranking out an assignment at 11 at night and it's due at 11:59 P.M., you experience an adrenaline rush that matches that of a mad scientist creating Frankenstein. Words have never pieced together so easily for you. Thoughts have never been so eloquently expressed. It’s like all the cosmos in the universe and some much-needed divine inspiration has come together to create a masterpiece that you may shed a couple tears over. So take that! Although this may lead to a bad habit down the road, but for now, it just got you an A on your paper.

Good things and shenanigans always happen after midnight.

Between Netflix and late night antics, you don’t get much sleep in college but boy is it worth it. Whether it is a 2 A.M. run to Taco Bell or just a secret little rendezvous - the nightlife at college is definitely memorable. A funny story and endless laughter the next day about what actually went down that night is always something to look forward to. It’s definitely one of the most exciting parts of college.

We love coming back home.

No matter how much we love the adventure of college, the independence, and the opportunities that a bound on a college campus we are very fond of coming back home to the family and friends that we love. There may not be as much freedom and a serious lack of funny business after midnight but there is still endless laughter and crazy schemes between siblings and friends.