5 Things About The First Week of Zoom Classes That Just Make Sense

"Hello? Is my mic on?"

6

I am back on campus now, but many of my classes are on Zoom. During March, when we were sent home from school, it was more of an emergency situation and most my lectures were prerecorded and sent to me. Now that we're back, we have classes in "real time" via Zoom and it feels a bit more like real class. With Zoom courses, however, comes a plethora of technological and other problems that can turn into pretty funny mishaps. Every generation of students will have their own mark on their education and their own college stories.When we look back on our college years, some funny Zoom memories will surely come to mind.

1. Professors mics cutting out for part of the lecture

*Beginning of lecture*

....cuts out....

Professor: "Okay so any questions?"

The whole class: "Huh"

2. Someone not realizing their mic is on 

*Talking to roomate*

"No so anyway he was totally reading into that way too much, it was just a lunch."

*Awkward silence*

"Oh shit, is my mic on?"

3. Background noises

*8:00 AM Zoom lecture*

*Someone's roomate making a smoothie*

4. Laptops dying in the middle of class

Right at the pinnacle of the lecture of course, the laptop dies and you frantically text your friends for notes.

5. Texting your friends all class 

If you can't whisper to your friends during class, of course you're going to text them all class.