5 Texts You Can Find In Any College Girl Group Text Thread

Food, happenings and shopping are the top three topics of conversation.

255
Lauren Fowler

My immediate friend group consists of eight amazing women, including myself. We use our phones multiple times a day in order to keep in touch with each other.

The group text topic of conversation ranges from studying to food to sorority happenings and so much more. I know, as well as you do, that we are most definitely not the only friend group that has a group text thread trending on their recent messages.

Modern day technology has made it easier for people to communicate globally, and who doesn’t want their phone to be ringing off the hook at 7:45 every night, ESPECIALLY while you are in college.

Here is a list of 7 texts that you can find in any college girl group text thread:

1. "What is everyone doing for dinner?"

A couple of members of our friend group, sometimes even all 8 of us – eat either breakfast, lunch or dinner together every day. My college friend group has become my family and nothing makes me happier than fellowshipping around a table of food.

2."What do you think of this outfit?"

For those of you that know me well, are well aware of my lack of trendy fashion sense. However, my closest friends have the most current trends of fashion in their closet’s. I thoroughly enjoy seeing their outfit suggestions, in hopes that maybe one day – I will get the memo!!

3. "What time does the event start?"

Typical sorority girls, yes I know. This information is so helpful to have at your fingertips. 99% of the time, at least one of us knows the details.

4. "I am coming over."

The infamous line, listed multiple times a day by our friends. Our apartment has become the official hang-out spot for the squad. Every time I walk in the door, there is almost always two or three friends in our house. My friends make my life so much fun, and I am thankful for their presence in my life!

5. "I am going shopping if anyone wants to join me."

As any college-aged girl would, we love to shop. Spontaneous trips with your closest friends are so much fun – you know they say, the best deals are often found during the week!

Among this list of texts are many other topics of conversation as well. More times than not, I can look at my phone and find more than 10 notifications from my friend group, text thread – and I wouldn’t have it any other way. You know what some say, “if I didn’t have my friends – I wouldn’t have anything.”