5 Terrible Things About Tinder

5 Terrible Things About Tinder

We all use it, but it's still the worst.

16
5 Terrible Things About Tinder

Everyone who has ever used Tinder knows that it is kind of terrible. If you've used it, you also know that it seems impossible to escape once you've begun. As a single college student, I'm a bit more familiar with Tinder than I'd like to admit, so I've compiled a list of reasons why Tinder is kind of the worst.

1. Inappropriate Messages

While this tends to be more common coming from guys than from girls, I've definitely seen my fair share of pretty gross first messages. I tend to unmatch people who send disgusting and inappropriate messages right off the bat because I just don't have time for that kind of nonsense.

2. First Messages

Gross come-ons might be the worst way to start a conversation on Tinder, but I'll be the first to admit that there isn't really a good first message to send. Going with something basic gets kinda boring after a while, but going too in-depth or out there isn't really ideal either.

3. Pictures

With a setup that allows users only six photos on their profile, it can be difficult, at least for me, to decide which ones make the cut. Some people, however, don't seem to even have enough pictures for that, because so many people choose to put up only one picture. Guys, especially, seem sort of terrible at knowing what a good picture actually looks like. It's like they put up any picture that has halfway decent quality.

4. Bios

Crafting the perfect bio is difficult, I'll admit, but it isn't so difficult that it just shouldn't be done. A bio can really give the sense of what kind of person someone is, so I'm always wary of people who haven't filled theirs out. Also, on that note, I've noticed that guys don't seem to realize that you can read their bios while you're swiping; they almost always have comments about how you should message them, even though you can't message someone until you've matched.

5. The Experience

I myself have gone out with only a couple of guys I've met on Tinder. Those conversations never tend to last long enough to get to a point where I have any desire to meet them in person. For the most part, though, the guys I've elected to actually go out with have been nice guys, although my judgment is definitely not perfect. For real, go with your gut.