5 Of The Best Study Spots At The Ohio State University

Finding a relaxing and comfortable study spot is vital.

675

The Ohio State University is a large campus with so many buildings that it can be hard to find where you like best. When studying at Ohio State, it can seem easy to just stay in your dorm room or in your house off campus to do schoolwork, but if you know you don’t focus well in that type of environment, then it’s time for a change. Here are 8 places on Ohio State’s campus where you can study like a true Buckeye.

1. The 11th Floor of Thompson Library

If the thought of over a month until summer brings you down, head on up to the 11th floor of Thompson library. At this point in the semester, summer is so close but so, so far at the same time. Upon your arrival on the 11th floor, you’ll find peace and quiet. If you’re in dire need of some great pictures of Ohio State, this floor offers some of the most amazing views of campus. So, not only can you study for hours with a beautiful view, you can also post a photo on your Snapchat story to show how you’re studying in the best way possible.

2. The RPAC lower level

The RPAC, Recreation and Physical Activity Center, is one of the most incredible buildings on Ohio State’s campus. But, it’s also the main, and largest, work-out building on the campus. If the thought of working out brings you joy and is a hobby that you enjoy, then spend your time in the lower level dining area relaxing and studying.

If you love working out, then what could be better than having the opportunity to study and then work out and relieve stress from the material that you just reviewed? If the thought of working out at the RPAC is not something that you are excited about, this area can still be a great and different place to relax and study for that exam you have coming up.

3. The Buckeye Reading Room in Thompson Library

With windows from wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling, the Buckeye Reading room provides a great environment to get some homework and studying done. Located in Thompson library, the Buckeye Reading Room provides students with a quiet space to study. This room gives a modern feel to the library, and when the weather is nice outside, students can enjoy the sunlight that brightens up the room through the windows that comprise the walls. The Buckeye Reading room is the perfect place to reflect on the experience of being an Ohio State Buckeye while getting schoolwork done.

4. The First Floor of the Ohio Union

Although the Ohio Union can get busy at times because of the vast range of events that take place in the building, it is also a great place for studying. The first floor of the Union features not only just tables to study but also comfortable couches and chairs. The furniture is complemented by a television and a fireplace. Because the Union serves as a home for many student organizations and events on campus, the areas to study can also feel like home. If students enjoy an environment that is similar to a living room, the first floor of the Union may offer this studying space.

5. The 4th Floor of the 18th Avenue Library

The 18th Avenue Library is often known for its 24-hour accessibility, but what some people may not know is that the 4th floor is one of the quietest spots on campus. It can seem easy to get caught up in all that campus has to offer, but going to the fourth floor of the 18th Avenue Library with peace and quiet, and also with study rooms and plenty of tables, allows for focus and progress.

Talking and being obnoxious is frowned upon on this floor; people will stare and glare at those who participate in these behaviors, because this area is made for studying. The next time you may be stuck looking for a place where you can funnel all of your energy into schoolwork for some time, go head up to the fourth floor of the 18th Avenue Library.

Ohio State offers so many unique, diverse places on its campus where students can study and socialize. The next time you’re thinking about the best place to study at Ohio State, think beyond the obvious. Many hidden gems for studying are among the campus, and as Buckeyes, we need to use them as much as we can!