The 5 Steps to Achieving Greatness

The 5 Steps to Achieving Greatness

"Hold yourself accountable."

71
The 5 Steps to Achieving Greatness
Sarah Brooks

I'm a highly motivated individual.

I remember when I was just starting to set goals at work and owning my development; whenever I would set and meet goals, and then be successful, I referred to it as "achieving greatness." And once I had achieved the greatness set before me, I didn't stop there. I kept aiming for new heights and persevering forth.

At one point, I put together a 5-step plan about how I had "achieved greatness," and presented it as the steps on how you could achieve greatness too. It's quite simple, yet daunting. When you have a goal, you must keep your perspective on the big picture and not get discouraged by any hardships along the way.

So here we go. These are the five steps I followed when pursuing my goals and achieved greatness, and how you can do it too:

1. Write down your goals.

You will not be successful if you do not have an end goal in mind, and a clear game plan highlighting how you are going to get there.

2. Hold yourself accountable.

This goes back to the first step. But then you also have to follow through.

3. Utilize your resources.

Whether that be people or things, there is always something you can learn or someone you can turn to who can help you reach your end goal.

4. Network with experienced individuals.

There will always be someone out there who knows more than you do—go out there and make new friends who can share their knowledge with you.

5. Celebrate your success.

Whether that be achieving greatness, or learning from failure, there is always a positive outcome to whatever path you take in life.

And repeat.