5 Simple Ways To Succeed In 2017

5 Simple Ways To Succeed In 2017

Here are five simple ways to be motivated and inspired in the new year.

16
5 Simple Ways To Succeed In 2017

1. Don't make a New Year's resolution.

Resolutions set us up for failures even though we have the best of intentions. Usually, this is because nothing has actually changed except the number of the year, not our mind, will or emotions. Debbie Ford said...

"New Year's resolutions often fail because toxic emotions and experiences from our past can sabotage us or keep us stuck with the same old thoughts, patterns and regrets."

So if we want to grow and excel in 2017 we need to let go of what has been holding us back; we need to heal from the hurts, forgive the offenses, and change our thoughts.

2. Change our thoughts.

This is how we grow. A person's life will always go in the direction of the person's thinking. This isn't just a Christian philosophy or a New Age trick, it is fact. Sure, people and circumstances that are out of our control can have a profound impact, but a conquering mindset will lead to a life of success.

3. Make a plan.

If we don't plan ahead, we will wander off the path of fulfilling our dreams and distractions will become the focus. Zig Ziglar said...

"You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win."

4. Make time for fun!

To succeed in 2017 doesn't require all work and no play; play is a must. Some of the most successful organizations in the world today like Google, Facebook, Apple, Life.Church, and Starbucks are intentional that their employees or volunteers enjoy what they do and have time to have fun together. The same thing is important for you and me. Boredom, duty, and disinterest will take their toll if we don't make time to smell the roses and hear the music.

And lastly - as Walt Disney said...

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

So let's dream our hearts out and fantasize and day dream and meditate about how we are going to leave this world better than we found it (and have an amazing time while we do it).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!