5 Signs that You Should Join Odyssey

5 Signs that You Should Join Odyssey

Welcome to the family!

12
5 Signs that You Should Join Odyssey
The Odyssey Online

Okay, so clearly you're familiar with The Odyssey because you're reading one of their articles right now. Maybe you're one of those casual spectators who just enjoys occasionally reading posts, which is totally encouraged because we desperately want you to read our blogs. However, some of you may be wondering how to get plugged in or if you're cut out for the task of writing for the Odyssey. I know I was in that position my freshman year of college. So here is a list of things to consider when deciding whether or not you want to write for The Odyssey. Likewise, for those of you who don't see yourself as an Odyssey blogger, this may change your minds.

1. If you're opinionated you are just right for The Odyssey. This is a place to let your voice be heard. If you have an opinion, here's your chance to share it with the world!

2. If you're a college student then you already have the age requirement down. It's not an insane time commitment and it really is enjoyable. Plus, it looks great on a resume.

3. If you feel like ranting, you can rant all you want through your articles. There have been so many times where I have used situations I was angry about to comprise an article and, sure enough, those articles are the ones that have done the best. This is a place where everyone wants to hear your rants because they want to relate to something. Also, it's a great way to let out anger and frustration.

4. If you're looking for a community that will back each other up in debates, you've found it with The Odyssey. Literally in our GroupMe earlier today we had a time of settling a debate for our team leader. What was the debate over? It was over whether or not hot dogs can be considered sandwiches. So yeah, there's a fun community without dull moments.

5. If you're looking to make a difference then you can do that through your posts. It's honestly hard to sit behind the computer and think that you're making a difference, but the second your post goes viral then people are reading it left and right. One of my articles landed me a spot on Fox News to discuss the dangers of cyber-bullying. Your voice can be heard and it can promote change.

If you can relate to any of these things, contact your local Odyssey team and get plugged in. We'd be glad to have you!