5 Satirical Twitters Readers and Writers Must Follow

Advice Is Best Served Sarcastic

9
BroodyYAHero

As a reader and a writer I can't wait to distract myself from writing and reading by browsing through some of my favorite writing/reading twitters; as the title suggests these aren't tutorials or helpful advice, these are satirical and sarcastic personas that make fun of some of the toxic and annoying things in the writing/reading universes. Anything or anyone that uses satire is an instant-follow for me but these are five of my favorite personas:

1. Brooding YA Hero (Broody)

Easily my favorite persona, @broodingYAhero pulls apart the tropes and problems YA readers often see in their heroes (most of the time he is the protagonist's romantic love interests...one of them). Not only does Broody show his audience the trite, toxic, and over-used "personality" traits of most YA heroes but he also is oddly supportive of his fans, treating them all like the main character of their own story by using cheesy cliches. Broody uses @Writer_Carrie to channel all his deep and disturbed thoughts.

2. Typical YA Heroine

She's not like other girls, but she's also really plain, normal, and unnoticeable (except by the most handsome boy in her universe and a bunch of other guys too). Of course what is a brooding YA Hero without his @TypicalYAHero? He's nothing because he can't be described with over-the-top detail without her super observant eyes! Maybe those super observant eyes are part of her special power that she'll discover and be able to use without practice!

3. ManicPixieDream Girl

You think that Typical Ya Heroine is the only girl who isn't like other girls? Well you're wrong...surprising I know. @QuirkyMPDG is the most unlike-other-girls girl who has ever existed. Described from a male perspective she is perfection itself because she just doesn't subscribe to any definitions of perfection. Most average and dumb guys are attracted to girls who have no personality, right? So now you have a girl who has ALL the personalities that you like without any flaws! She wins...no actually you win because you won her...she's your trophy.

4. Guy In your MFA

Have you ever been reading about your Manic Pixie Dream Girl and wondered: gee, who wrote this masterpiece of a character I would like to shake his hand! Well you might not be able to shake @GuyInYourMFa's hand because he's probably using both his hands on his archaic typewriter to finish his manuscript or their busy professionally mansplaining explaining things to weak-minded females

people on Facebook. He has the most followers of this group because he knows what he is talking about! The genuis behind the genuis behind the Manic Pixie Dream Girl? @DanaSchwartzzz

5. The Worst Muse

So after all this inspiration it must be time to start writing and reading again! Well, for the writing part you should turn to @WorstMuse for all your motivation and plot/character ideas! There is a reason this muse has the second most followers of this group, you can tell that most of these personas get their inspiration from such and influential muse! The Muse's muse is @RaeBeta.