5 Reasons You'll Never Understand My Best Friend And Me

She'll forever be my best friend, no matter what.

10
Jocie Hunley

My best friend has been there with me through all the good and bad times in my life. She has been my rock, and I hers. Our good times have far outnumbered the bad. The memories we have made in life can never be replaced. She is and always will be my person, but I don't expect anyone to understand why.

1. Our relationship is twisted.

From the outside looking in, we seem like enemies, not best friends. We argue and make fun of each other. We point out every flaw of the other person. This is just another normal day for us. All of this is just fun for us. Each day is another new adventure.

2. Even when we aren't friends, we are.

Just like in every other relationship, we fight. We have days when we throw in the towel. One of us decides we don't want any part of this friendship anymore. We have the nasty fight, all the arguments, then we stop talking. Then something happens, and we can't think of anyone else we want to run to and tell. We text for long enough to share a story, then we go back to not being friends, but then again, we still are. You'll never be able to tell the difference.

3. We think we own each other.

We get seriously offended when someone else tries to be friends with our best friend. She's my best friend, not yours. Do you know her favorite food, color and song? No? That's because she's my best friend. No one can take what belongs to me.

4. We love each other. A lot.

There is no other relationship in which we will love the other person this much. We pick each other over our significant other pretty regularly, but who wouldn't? She's been there with me through every difficult trial in my life for as long as I remember. She'll always be here, and she has proven that to me over the past 14 years.

5. We get tired of each other.

We spend a large amount of time together. Sometimes, when we're together for a long time, we get really annoyed with each other and say mean things. People must think we're crazy and wonder why we're even friends. But what they don't know is we know that the other person doesn't mean anything they say.