5 Reasons Why You Should Rush A Business Fraternity

Shaping people, shaping business.

3761
Kristen Frohlich

I never would have imagined joining a professional co-ed business fraternity during my college years, but I soon realized that it was the missing piece from my college career. Here are five reasons why I rushed a business fraternity and why you should too.

1. Networking

By joining a business fraternity, you instantly have a group of people who have experience in different fields of jobs; therefore, you instantly have connections to different companies that your brothers may have interned or worked at.

2. Sharing a common goal with your brothers

Many people have different reasons for wanting to join a social sorority or fraternity. When joining a business fraternity however, one of the main goals shared by everyone is wanting to improve upon business and professional success, making it easier to connect to one another on a professional and social level.

3. Smaller numbers

Usually, business fraternities stay around the size of 50-80 people, making it much easier to make personal connections to every brother instead of a social sorority or fraternity with anywhere from 90-150 people in the organization. Having smaller numbers makes it easier to form friendships and become closer to one another instantly.

4. You still get the benefit of being in a social sorority/ fraternity

Like all social sororities and fraternities, some business fraternities (like AKPsi) have their own philanthropy, which they constantly support and raise money for. You can also wear letters after officially getting into the business fraternity, and most importantly, the dues are 100% less expensive than any social sorority or fraternity.

5. You will meet your best friends

As cliche as it sounds, I can personally say that I have gained not only 48 other brothers, but 48 best friends in my life. I have formed friendships with my brothers that will last not only for my college career, but for the rest of my life.