11 Reasons Why Cats Are Awesome

11 Reasons Why Cats Are Awesome

Cats are love. Cats are life.

180
11 Reasons Why Cats Are Awesome
Jamie Corbett

The world's greatest debate:cats or dogs? Being the lover of animals I am, this is a particularly hard question, but growing up with a cat as amazing as mine I have evolved into a Cat Lady. Here are a few reasons why I think cats are awesome.

1. They pick you.

Sure, you can adopt a dog and of course they're going to love you. But you don't adopt a cat. I mean technically you can, but there's a good chance they can hate you. Cats are actually adopting us, and if you don't understand what I mean, then well, you must not own a cat yet.

2. Toe beans!

Have you seen their feet? Their toes look like jelly beans, and they're so cute, and I can't explain so just look at this giph.

3. Soft and furry.

Petting a cat is like petting a cloud or a silk blanket. They're so soft and cozy, and cat cuddles are probably one of the best things in the world.

4. Always down for a nap.

Don't like napping alone? Worry no more! Cats sleep 12-16 hours a day, so they're always down for a good snooze.

5. Cat memes.

Some of the best memes are cats. Grumpy Cat, the Pusheen Cat (okay yeah I know, not a meme but still).

6. Cat Cuddles.

My favorite past time is cuddling with my cat. Nothing says love and companionship better than a lovely cat cuddle.

7. Head butts.

Some people don't like when dogs lick them, well no worries because cats just head butt you to give you a 'kiss'.

8. Laser Chasing.

Okay, seriously, what is cuter than a furry kitty chasing around the dot of a laser pointer? Nothing. Nothing at all.

9. Halloween Everyday.

Owning a black cat makes it feel like Halloween everyday, considering majority of witches own black cats. I mean seriously, who doesn't love Halloween?

10. Kittens.

Okay cats are great, and wonderful and cute, but baby cats are even more so. The furry little balls of energy are the best at playing games and are the cutest things to watch take naps, eat, stretch, basically anything really.

11. Purring.

An actual way you can tell if your cat is happy, but also one of the most magical things that can happen to a cat owner. I love the feeling and sound of a roaring purr, because the more they purr the happier they are and the happier they are the more they love you.

12. Feet pounding.

I love being used as a bed for my cat, especially when she does the adorable foot pounding thing to get comfortable.

Just as Stuart McMillan said, "A meow massages the heart." Cats are intelligent, independent, affectionate, funny, caring, and adorable creatures.