5 Reasons Why I Don't Want a Casual Relationship

435
moniquelmunoz.com

Casual relationships have never been worth it. The one casual relationship I was in ended badly. It was a waste of time and I ended up getting my heart broken. I prefer having a committed and serious relationship, not a secretive relationship where his family has no idea you exist and neither do his friends.

1. He isn’t just with you.

Being in a casual relationship means you aren’t committed to each other. Even though I’m not the type of person to be with more than one person, the guy thinks its okay to see other people because we aren’t committed. I want a relationship so I am committed and serious with the person. I don’t want a joke of a relationship.

2. He doesn’t think of you ever.

When I was in a casual relationship, he was the one who was the center of it. He never thought of me, only of himself. He would basically come over when he felt like it, whenever he drove me he’d act like he didn’t know me. He was lazy and rude and blunt. He would hurt my feelings constantly. He would say sorry then say he was really into me, so I’d forgive him. He was lying.

3. He doesn’t actually have feelings for you.

The guy I was in a casual relationship with would say he loved me whenever he saw me and say he was into me. But, he never told his family or friends about me, and when we walked to his car together he’d act like he didn’t know who I was. He was not into me and he was embarrassed of me.

4. He keeps you a secret and is embarrassed of being with you.

He did not like people knowing we even talked, or hung out. The only person who knew we had a thing was the one mutual friend he and I had who was in a class with the two of us. He would just text me during the class, wouldn’t even talk to me in person. The only time he talked to me was when we got in his car to go for a drive.

5. He treats you badly.

When you aren’t in a committed relationship, the person you’re with has no consideration for your feelings. So, they tend to treat you like crap and not care. Most people just think about themselves and do what they want. They know you have feelings for them so they know you’ll stay. They treat you like crap but know you’ll stay because you’re too into them to leave. Casual relationships are toxic. Usually one person always catches feelings and the other person isn’t into them at all. It sucks because all you want is to be noticed and cared for and loved, but you can’t get that out of a casual relationship.

All of these reasons are why I do not want a casual relationship. I just want someone who will care for me and love me for who I am and be committed to me, not someone who only cares for themselves.