5 Reasons USU Is The Best School In Utah

"Utah State hey Aggies all the way. Go Aggies, go Aggies, HEY HEY HEY!"

212
usu.edu

Everyone is proud of their university, and some of us are lucky to attend the best ones. Though overlooked in the scheme of big rivalries, Utah State University is easily the best school in Utah (or the country for that matter).

1. Small Town Vibes

Located in Logan, Utah, USU is the heart of this small college town. Filled with alumni, current students, and future Aggies, the residents of Logan live and breathe Aggie Blue. The best part about college town is how close the community is. During homecoming week, main street is painted blue and white in support of Utah State, and most everyone is present at the parade. Even in the bitter cold of Cache Valley, people come and support the Aggies. The location of the university itself makes it so worth it. Surrounded by mountains, USU sits at the top of a hill overlooking the rest of the valley. The views are breathtakingly new every single day.

2. The Howl

The Howl is a big Halloween party held at the student center on Utah State’s campus. Tickets sell out within the first few weeks, and then get resold for outrageous prices. Students from all the other colleges in the area drive to Logan for the celebration. Obviously, if we bring students in from all over the state and surrounding areas, we must be doing something right and something better than the other schools.

3. Tradition

Utah State has some of the best traditions around. From paint the town during homecoming week, where different student organizations paint the streets surrounding campus, to lighting the ‘A’ on top of Old Main blue after each victory in any event, USU is full of tradition. The most well-known would have to be becoming a “True Aggie.” To become a True Aggie, one must kiss someone else (who is already a True Aggie themselves) on top of the ‘A’ statue located near the quad under a full moon. You even get a card with your name and date to certify your “True Aggie” status.

4. Education

USU boasts the best Education program in Utah, as well as the one of the best Agriculture and Applied Science programs in the nation. Of course, it’s important that Utah State offers an outstanding education to its students, but it’s even better that the largest programs on campus are also the best in the state. Class sizes are small, other than general education classes which tend to be lecture style. Best of all, USU tuition is incredibly affordable. (A note to LDS students- USU also has the largest LDS Institute program in the world!)

5. Outdoor Activities

Utah State is nestled right at the mouth of Logan Canyon. As a result, USU students have access to every outdoor activity you could imagine. Conveniently located just up the canyon is Beaver Ski Resort, where students can get a discount on season ski passes. It’s close enough that we can spend a day on the slopes and then come back home in the evening. Another incredible opportunity offered to Aggies is all the outdoor education classes students can take. From canoeing to snowboarding to yurt camping, all students have access to the courses and the school also rents out equipment for some outdoor activities.

Ultimately, Utah State University is the place to be. Because of our location in our little home of Cache Valley, Aggies and other residents have more opportunities to build and unite the community. Sports teams, Greek life, and other service groups have the opportunities to personally impact those in our community and see the benefits of their work. Students get to be more involved on campus and many programs at the university have the chance to be hands on- whether studying agriculture, hiking the mountains, or working in the on campus elementary school. There is no where I'd rather be!

"Utah State hey, Aggies all the way! Go Aggies, Go Aggies, hey hey hey!"